March 29, 2024, 02:54:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beatstep Sequencer Delay in Ableton !?  (Read 8691 times)

NormanRocheleau

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Beatstep Sequencer Delay in Ableton !?
« on: December 30, 2014, 08:07:17 pm »
Try to play and record midi using beatstep's sequencer and everything is delayed by around 1/16 beats ?? Has anybody figured this issue out yet ? This product has great potential but its useless to me if I can't resolve this  ???

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Beatstep Sequencer Delay in Ableton !?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 09:19:57 pm »
Hi , i saw a post that said about start recording the second bar in as it catches up then so set your beatstep to start a few bars before recording.

hope this helps

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

NormanRocheleau

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 09:39:14 pm »
No luck. Its not a fixed time that its out of sync. When you try to set it before it just gets even more out of sync. Its like its not even able to be in sync in any ways or sort. This is real disappointing that this issue was not taken care of before the release of this product or that a firmware to fix this bug hasn't been released.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 10:00:07 pm »
not sure what DAW your using but have you tried changing the sync settings , i know there is a delay in some  DAWS more than others but i use mainly cubase and get get alone with beatstep ok .

Noted your using ableton . have you tried auto quantise ,as in cubase this moves the notes for me .also I'm not getting such a big delay

terrym
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:20:08 pm by terrym »
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

NormanRocheleau

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 11:45:38 pm »
I appreciate the help terrym, its not working however. Quantize or not it still doesn't play along smoothly and that just won't work. Looks like i'm returning it. Having these types of issues with Live when it's advertised to work with it in their commercials just doesn't sit right with me. Especially spending this kind of money on a device too. Its left a bad taste in my mouth for Arturia and I don't think I'll be purchasing another device from them.

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 02:48:58 pm »
TerryM,
     Was the Beatstep tested with Ableton?  What about Bitwig or Presonus studio One?  I've seen a video where it synced perfectly with NI Machine software. 
Mac Pro 3.1,2x2.80 GHz. Intel Xeon Quad core 16GB RAM
2 OS drives: El Capitain 10.11.6\Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Ableton Live Suite 9.7.7\10.0.2
V collection 3, SparkLE 2.1, Beatstep

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 04:26:51 pm »
I've reproducing this problem here with Live too.
I've been testing this again on ProTools and Cubase and no delay with those DAWs.

In order to avoid this delay with Live you should set Midi Clock Sync Delay of the Midi output of the Beat Step on -41ms.

To do this :
- Open live preferences
- Go to Midi Sync menu
- Under Midi Ports Menu choose Output : Arturia BeatStep
- Click on the little arrow
- Set  Midi Clock Sync Delay on -41ms
.......testing.......

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 03:11:07 pm »
Thanks for looking into this Ben.  I will check it here to see that it works....I've been using record quantise for sync.  Do you have Presonus Studio One for testing?

Also what is the setup for sync in Pro Tools? I couldn't quite make that work.
Mac Pro 3.1,2x2.80 GHz. Intel Xeon Quad core 16GB RAM
2 OS drives: El Capitain 10.11.6\Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Ableton Live Suite 9.7.7\10.0.2
V collection 3, SparkLE 2.1, Beatstep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines