March 29, 2024, 03:06:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 88, 000tnPed weird sustain pedal issues, anyone else have them?  (Read 13371 times)

Thomasdha

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I found velocity curve 7 the best too. But they have changed since 1.0.10. I think 00 and 10 are the same? Im still waiting for an upgrade that works 100 %. I guess they are working on it! :)

Jacas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I agree 100 %. Curve 7 seven works fine but velocity curves could be improved. Now, I'm working with curve 1 (linear) and then setup velocity and dynamic in every plugin. Anyway, I think the Fatar TP100 has a lot of possibilities. So the firmware should be updated. The other day the display showed me a rare message while I was playing a piano sound and pressing and releasing the sustain pedal continuously. The first chars 000 and at the end the CC 69. It should be 64  ::) happens radomly and it doesn't concern the sound. I think it's firmware issue.

Tausendberg

Sounds like a glitch similar to the one in my photos. I hope they get this settled soon.

Jacas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
That's right the one on the bottom left corner but in my case It only looks "cosmetic" and doesn't have to do with sound.

doge_of_venice

So I also get the same display issue, which in itself isn't so bad, but there's more: After I play for more than a few minutes, the controller will send seemingly random MIDI notes on the MIDI out port at random velocities whenever I press a key. So the note transmitted no longer corresponds to the key pressed. Only thing that will help is turning it off and on again. This seems to happen only when a sustain pedal is connected and used.

I tried to upgrade to 1.0.0.17 but the software tells me there's been an error while updating. Factory reset won't help either.

I just got my Keylab today and must say I expected a little more from a 800 € controller. Seriously thinking of returning it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 10:40:50 pm by doge_of_venice »

casrya

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I just bought a Roland DP 10 sustain pedal and it is working perfectly on the Keylab 88 1.0.17 both as an on/off sustain switch in the sustain jack (using the keylab firmware polarity reversal option) and as a continuous 0-127 in the expression jack with no firmware setting necessary other than setting it to output cc64 for sustain instead of expression (cc11).
Also tested in Pianoteq stage using default settings and the inbuilt calibration routine and it provides continuous (half pedaling) action.

Regards,

casrya

hazybrain

Hey,

I was having sustain problems and random loud notes with my older Roland pedal. I bought the Fatar VFP1-25 from thomann
for like 20 euro and it's cured all problems. It's so vital to how the keylab 88 functions that for the price of 20 quid it really
should come in the box. Anyway I'm now really loving the Keylab 88. It's wicked good !

Hazybrain

Tausendberg

That's an interesting development that apparently some sustain pedals work perfectly and others do not.

If Arturia isn't going to fix support for all sustain pedals then they should publish a list of supported pedals so that people know which pedals to buy and not to buy.

Hazybrain, were you using the latest firmware? (.17)

Jacas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I use the Fatar VFP1-25 and the sustain pedal issue remains (000tnPed ... 69) when I hold down the pedal and the velocity values are about 100 or higher. I don't think the brand of pedal fixes the issues at all

movpe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Same problem here, just bought the keyboard, I can't believe the amount of problems it has... It's like we bought it as beta testers
It has nothing to do with the brand of the pedal... the 1.0.17 firmware doesnt repair that... there's a lot of issues to be such a well built (physically) controller

mixalis

Bad news... I was interested in buying one... but not yet i guess.......

Tausendberg

ARTURIA! GET IT DONE!

I have two friends who are interested in buying an 88 key controller and I can't recommend the keylab 88 to them because of this bug.

Tausendberg

Re: Keylab 88, 000tnPed weird sustain pedal issues, anyone else have them?
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2015, 07:59:49 pm »
I see that there is a firmware update, thank you for emailing the notice since that way I didn't have to check back. I will test the firmware update in the next couple of days.

trailerman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2015, 10:49:55 am »
So did the firmware update fix these issues?

I'm a prospective buyer but need reliable sustain pedal functionality, not to mention stable general use.

Many thanks

Jules

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2015, 11:27:03 am »
Yep this one is fixed.
Have a look here to check what have been done on this latest firmware :
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=85218.0

Best
.......testing.......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines