April 19, 2024, 01:52:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 88, 000tnPed weird sustain pedal issues, anyone else have them?  (Read 13443 times)

Tausendberg

I have discovered two bugs that I think are related.

1: When I hold down the sustain pedal then while holding down the sustain pedal I press any key hard enough to trigger the aftertouch I get a glitchy message on the LED screen. ( 000tnPed Val:127 Num:069 Ch:01) This also happens with the aux and

2: If I have the sustain pedal in the default setting (not toggle but where you need to hold it down) then 1 time out of 8 when I physically release the sustain pedal my computer doesn't receive a sustain 000 message and doesn't release the sustain in pianoteq or anything else. This

This happens even when I don't touch any keys and the keylab 88 LED writes 'SustnPed Val:000'.

I am using a Yamaha FC3 which works fine with other keyboards.

Does anyone else with a keylab 88 get these glitches?

Tausendberg

Re: Keylab 88, 000tnPed weird sustain pedal issues, anyone else have them?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 05:25:15 am »
The first mentioned glitch seems to also happen with the expression and auxiliary pedal as well.

Here are images.

bendevine7

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 08:05:48 am »
Yes I've also been having weird sustain issues. I'm beginning to think this keyboard is poorly built

Thomasdha

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 05:53:33 pm »
I have the same issues, with that wierd glitch on the LED and the notes keep sustaining even if i releas the pedal. I did what Tausenberg said in a PM: Turn the sustain from "Gate" to "toggle" in the midi control center. But after that, you have to press the pedal again to turn off the sustain!?
Im using Korg DS-1H damper pedal.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Tausendberg

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 02:34:07 am »
Thomas, you misunderstand, when you switch it to toggle, that's what that means, you have to actuate the sustain pedal again for the keylab 88 to output a 000 message, ie, toggle switch.

I suggest that as a makeshift solution because at least then the keylab 88 behaves consistently.

Judging by the responses here, it looks like Gate mode won't work until a firmware update is released for the keylab 88.

Thomasdha

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 04:03:04 pm »
Oh, this whole thing made me a little bit confused. But I understand now :) Then we have to wait for the firmware update. Any luck getting in contact with arturia support about this?

Tausendberg

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 05:03:51 am »
Still waiting but I suspect they're going to have to get around to this soon. I suspect a lot of people who buy an 88 key hammer action keyboard want to use a sustain pedal for it, so it will be in Arturia's interest to fix it promptly.

I just feel good right now knowing that it's not because of a manufacturing defect but just something that I'll be able to download one day.

p4p3r

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 12:53:25 pm »
Hi there,

I had the sustain pedal issue with a couple of Roland DP10 sustain pedals I had. Playing around with Midi settings didn't help and neither did changing the pedal from continuous to switch mode.
On the other hand I bought a M-Audio SP2 pedal (http://www.m-audio.fr/products/view/sp-2#.VMd_l0eG800 - and it has a reverse polarity switch which can be helpful at times) and with that one the sustain is working as expected!

My 2 cents,
Claudio

Tausendberg

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 09:02:00 pm »
Wait wait, I have to ask, just so that we're absolutely clear.

You're telling me that if you use an M-Audio SP2 in a Keylab 88, you get reliable performance using the default mode? Also, you do not get the glitchy messages seen in the photos I posted at the top of this thread?

p4p3r

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 03:36:54 pm »
Hi,

I need to check the glitchy message thing, but I don't remember seeing this.
But the behavior I'm getting with the M-Audio SP2 is definitely reliable.

I spent one night and one day trying to make my two Roland DP10 work, fiddling with MIDIControlCenter parameters.
I looked on the Internet what other pedals was available and the M-Audio was the only one with a hardware polarity switch. I thought that if the problem is the Keylab not being able to sense the pedal polarity (hence the inversed sustain) maybe the switch on the M-Audio would be the solution.

I'm not sure if that's the case or that's been a lucky try but I bought one and it worked immediately with the default MIDI program on the Keylab.

Cannot guarantee it will work for everybody but in my case it works! :-)

Hope this helps,
Claudio

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 10:03:15 am »
Hi all please try latest firmware update 1.0.17 :
http://www.arturia.com/products/keylab88/resources
.......testing.......

Tausendberg

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 11:13:58 am »
Ah, I'm glad to see that this is getting attention and that there is a firmware update.

Unfortunately, I just installed the firmware update and I keep getting the glitches that appear in the photograph.

Also, the sustain pedal is worse now. In midi control center I set the memory to factory default template. I can see that the sustain pedal is in gate mode but I have to tap the sustain pedal seven or eight or more times until it randomly will send a 127 or 000 message as if it was in broken toggle mode.

I just tested and installed the old 1.0.10 firmware update and it was behaving as I've described before. Installed the 1.0.17 firmware update again and it's worse again like I describe. The issue is definitely the firmware.

I'm optimistic that this can be fixed and I'm glad that it's getting attention. I hope we get there! :)

Thomasdha

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 05:17:25 pm »
Yep. I still have the same problems too. The random note glitch is gone as far as I can tell, but the sustain thing is still there. And also the velocity curves have changed a bit. I cant find a comfortable setting after the update. Anyone else notice this?

Marty

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 06:19:17 pm »
The random note glitch is gone

Yes

but the sustain thing is still there

Same here

And also the velocity curves have changed a bit. I cant find a comfortable setting after the update.

Same here. New curves are very disappointed.

Jacas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2015, 11:39:37 am »
Hi there, firmware 1.0.17 here, no random note glitch, no sustain pedal thing I'm using a Fatar VFP1-25 and I like velocity curve 7. I've noticed 00-10 values are available, 11 curves? ... Midi Control Center only 10

Regards

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines