March 28, 2024, 07:26:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark 2 Not Receiving MIDI Input from Pro Tools 12.6  (Read 1312 times)

jreber

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Spark 2 Not Receiving MIDI Input from Pro Tools 12.6
« on: October 21, 2016, 09:07:26 pm »
I have a MIDI sequence in an Instrument track in PT 12.6 that also contains the Spark 2 Plugin insert.  It worked fine yesterday but today MIDI stopped being recognized by Spark.  This includes MIDI coming from my controller.  Also, The PT project didn't open unless I disabled plugins during launch.  I was able to reconfigure Spark to once again receive MIDI from the timeline and my controller by making a MIDI track and pointing this track to the Spark Instrument track.  The only problem was that when I tried to reload the project PT once again failed to open.  I removed the Spark plugin and replaced it with Superior drummer and the project works/saves/opens/closes without any issues.  I can only assume that Spark 2 was causing problems with PT and so PT wouldn't open and had intermittent issues with MIDI.

Details:
1. I have not updated to Sierra yet as PT doesn't support it yet.
2. The PT project is 88.20/32 bit if that has any relevance.
3. The only other plugins in the project during this issue where three instrument tracks each containing Spectrasonics Keyscape.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines