March 29, 2024, 08:57:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Each 11'th and 12'th note of Matrix presets give no sound in Analog Lab.  (Read 3190 times)

LBH

Each 11'th and 12'th note of Matrix presets give no sound in Analog Lab.
Why Not?

Try to play a Matrix preset in Analog Lab. Some notes don't play. Count from the first note you hear. Then when sound again it's 10 notes you hear, and then 2 notes you don't hear. That's makes the Matrix sounds in Analog Lab useless.
Is it a bug?
When will it be solved?

LBH

Re: Each 11'th and 12'th note of Matrix presets give no sound in Analog Lab.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 12:23:23 am »
Update:

It looks like a new incident happends each time Analog Lab is reloaded and then set to play Matrix.

Sometimes one can play for some time without troubles.
Then suddenly random notes are missing or sometimes have a very different tone than others. This last bit can be about analog behavior, but no matter what lost notes is not good.

LBH

Re: Each 11'th and 12'th note of Matrix presets give no sound in Analog Lab.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 12:28:05 am »
I forgot:

What i have experienced - then missing notes often arrive after a preset shift, and then they keep being missing even when changing presets again. Also the notes are missing when changing back to the preset that worked before the missing notes appeared.

Malfunkt

New member here, who has just noticed this issue.

I am getting no sound on each 12th note.

Hmm, after changing sounds some more, from problems with the Matrix, to then trying the Jupiter 8V - that seemed to knock everything offline. No sound at all, just some 'pops' when changing presets.

Closed and restarted the software  (Mac OS Yosemite) and took it slowly, went to the 'Studio' view, selected the Matrix. Let it load in the first preset and took a pause, then selected another preset, and it is working fine.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 04:20:27 am by Malfunkt »

LBH

Yes thanks.

Actually after the update i can get it to work just by restarting Analog Lab.

But still it's a bug. Should'nt be that way. Seems to be a initializing problem. My Matrix app works in this respekt. Some presets have wrong voice settings and need correction. The voice steel and voice section has to be checked further i guess.

Maybe it's also a init problem that user preset's in Jupiter and SEM are very slow to load completely, while the factory sounds load imediately. Don'r know. But it's bugs like the analog lab bug, and bugs steal time and is a bug to ones workflow. Should'nt be that way.

I hope Arturia soon will correct everything.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Is the preset in question a "sequence" that may perhaps have the 12th note omitted?
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

LBH

No. I have cheched it's not a seq or arpeggio sound as you may mean.

If you read the posts you can figure that out.

It's with sounds that should play every note but does'nt. Last time it was only the 12's note that did'nt play in analog lab, but it did play with the same preset after a restart of analog lab. I even checked the voice section and saw it visually for a note that should play like for instance a sound like "1985 synth".

Perhaps the voices section code need a check up. Sometimes active notes are'nt shown either. No green light. Something seems slow in the coding.

Beside the voice steal in the Matrix app then maybe the UNI settings has some issues or it's in some  combinations of this. Just in case,  i know what the different UNI settings are supposed to do.

But Matrix is nice sounding. Maybe the closest to the real hardware yet from anyone.

EDIT:
I know this is about Matrix but to back up.

I remember an issue with this:

Take the "Sync lead2 SS".
In the Voices settings only voice 1 is assigned. The  Mode is rotate and the v steal is not checked. Play just a little legato and no sound is heard. Check the v steal and it's ok playing the same way.
Of course this may be a desired thing, but i'm not sure. I'm not sure either if it evn skips a note sometimes in the original setting if you don't play legato. I don't have the same trouble with legato features like this in other synths.
You can also just use a UNI mode and then all works.
Yes this can likely be a setting issue for the preset only. But then one maybe has to beware of using the rotate mode  if only one voice is assigned and the voice steal is'nt checked.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:47:49 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines