April 20, 2024, 10:41:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Description of synthesizers?  (Read 2459 times)

laban77

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Description of synthesizers?
« on: March 13, 2015, 12:58:23 pm »
Hi,

I just bought the Keylab 49 Producer's Pack. It's great! And a bit overwhelming with all that is included.

Not knowing a whole lot about 70s analog synthesizers, is there any document or something that describes the synthesizers that are included in Analog Lab? What I am looking for is some kind of text that talks about the history, features and characteristics of the included synthesizers. I could do the research myself of course, but maybe there is already a good summary somewhere...?

Thank you.

LBH

Re: Description of synthesizers?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 09:20:32 pm »
You can read some in the downloadable manuals.
Some about the history, about the features, and sometimes a little about the characteristics.

You can find more info on the internet about some of the synths including original manuals. Also on Youtube you can find something.

I my self would like more info about the speciel characteristics that especially sets a specific synth apart from others - even if selfstudy and experience is a guide too.
If you find more info about this please post it in this forum.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 09:22:20 pm by LBH »

Adrien

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 04:43:16 pm »
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 03:44:43 pm »
Since it's also packed with some Mg products, I suggest the following Robert Mg Documentary viewing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5HRa9nEVVU
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

laban77

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 01:00:12 pm »
Thanks for the tips.

I assembled a word document with the initial chapters from all the included instruments' individual manuals. Turns out to be a good 59 pages history of the synthesizers... although I haven't read it yet.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines