April 25, 2024, 04:18:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Clicking sounds even with no sound generation  (Read 1832 times)

Bendy

Clicking sounds even with no sound generation
« on: December 25, 2014, 12:23:25 pm »
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Microbrute and am completely new to analog synthesiser keyboards. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me whether it's normal for analog synths to have a very slight clicking noise with every keyboard press/note trigger?

Now I know the first reaction is probably "increase the attack" or something to do with the envelope, but I've tried playing around with that, even just setting the VCA to "gate". Even if I turn all oscillators completely off so there's no actual sound generation, I can still hear the clicking/trigger noise of the keys if I crank up the master volume (it's a very very soft sound but can sometimes be heard near complete cutoff of the LP filter). It also occurs if a sequence is running, you can here every trigger of each note even when there's no oscillator generating sound.

This occurs when listening with headphones in the headphone jack or with the instrument line out to speakers.

Is this normal due to how analog synths work as the keys are like voltage triggers? Does it have something to do with DC offsets from the power supply?

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 12:27:44 pm by Bendy »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines