April 24, 2024, 05:53:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark Expension Packs  (Read 3052 times)

Human Phoenix

• Phoenix symbolizing rebirth, renewal, uniqueness.
Spark Expension Packs
« on: December 24, 2014, 07:47:39 pm »
Hello,

I updated from V Collection 3 to V Collection 4, now I have the last version of Spark 2 (I suppose).
After I bought the update I also bought the extension packs for Spark 2, download only.
Everything went well, payment is done, received mail with confirmation, codes are in my user account.
But I never received a download link, I can't find the expansion packs in the Arturia Software Center.
When I try to do the registration on the website I get an error. Mailed Arturia the say it is automatically added to spark.
Well I don't see them, can somebody tell me how I can download, add, ... these expansion packs?

Thanks a lot.

slumbermachine

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • SlumberMachine - Progressive Ambient Electronic Music
Re: Spark Expension Packs
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 09:56:01 pm »
I got my expansions (and the latest patch) after installing the new Software Center, letting it detect the spark, then updating it. This new update is much improved as far as library control goes. Tons of kits.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 01:01:15 am »
I just went through this today and boy is it a hassle. After you purchase the expansion pack you should get a couple of emails. One or two acknowledging the purchase (in my case one was from PayPal and a second one from Arturia). What you need to do next is to log into your Arturia account and register the expansion pack. Make sure you make the correct selection for product as there are two similar named EDM packs; you want the earliest one on the list. Then very carefully enter the numbers for the serial number (it's not called a serial number as such on the Arturia site but it's the first of two numbers in the entry for the EDM pack) and the unlock code which has numbers and a letter. Make sure you use zeros and the letter 'o' correctly. I had issues with that until I did a copy and paste from the page where my products are and the registration page.

If all that is done correctly you'll get a page with hypelinks to the Windows and Mac installers. Make sure you download the right one. The Mac one is 218 meg or so. After download unzip it by double clicking on the downloaded file. A window will come up with some graphics and a largish box in the lower right where it says to double click to install the pack. You may have to enlarge the outer window to see the whole thing. The installer will trundle along and you should be good to go.

Open Spark2 and in the various tabs select the EDM kit and all the other little bits and bobs in the various sub-windows in the left hand side of the various tabs.

Not the most intuitive thing and there's no real install instructions on the Arturia site on how to proceed once you purchase the expansion pack. Arturia really needs a good tech/documentation writer.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Human Phoenix

• Phoenix symbolizing rebirth, renewal, uniqueness.
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 06:37:51 pm »
Hello,

Thanks to the people who replayed, in the end I managed to get my Spark Expansion Packs.
Like described below I had to go the the Arturia website to my user account and do the registration of all the packs.
You can either use the mail or PO in your user accounts to enter the codes for the registration.
After that a download is added to your users account. After download and installation you can find the packs in your Spark 2 library.

But I tried to do the registration several times and I thing there was a connection problem between my provider and the Arturia website.
Or there was a temporary bug in the Arturia registration and they didn't want to tell me :-).

Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 06:41:57 pm by Human Phoenix »

mixalis

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 10:34:01 am »
About the expansion packs.. Spark needs more psysical modeling instruments...there are few acoustic sounds and a lot of electronic ones... It would be very nice if we see an expansion pack like that!

jackn2mpu

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 01:16:16 pm »
About the expansion packs.. Spark needs more psysical modeling instruments...there are few acoustic sounds and a lot of electronic ones... It would be very nice if we see an expansion pack like that!
Physical modeling uses a lot of processing power and the Spark engine may not even have the ability to do it. Let's face it - Spark is mainly a sampler and samplers and PM are two completely different animals.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

mixalis

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 04:12:46 pm »
I agree that P.M. uses a lot of processing power but i am not sure that Spark engine doesnt have the ability to do more of that..    Does anyone here knows for sure? ::)           Hopefully we will see that in the near future.. 8)

I am conviced that spark can evolve a lot... If you remember how it looked when it started and how it looks now..

jackn2mpu

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 04:39:13 pm »
I agree that P.M. uses a lot of processing power but i am not sure that Spark engine doesnt have the ability to do more of that..    Does anyone here knows for sure? ::)           Hopefully we will see that in the near future.. 8)

I am conviced that spark can evolve a lot... If you remember how it looked when it started and how it looks now..
Spark engine power is only part of it; there's also the ability of the engine to do PM to begin with. We really don't know and hope that someone from Arturia will jump in here and let us know one way or the other.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines