March 28, 2024, 11:19:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Offline installation of VCollection 4 update  (Read 9422 times)

alpha-w

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Offline installation of VCollection 4 update
« on: December 23, 2014, 03:29:09 pm »
Hi,
maybe I am too stupid. I just ordered the update of VCollection 4. I got a link to an installer software, which I downloaded. I started the installer and it downloaded Analog Lab, Matrix-12 V, Solina V, Vox V, Wurlitzer V and Oberheim SEM V. Nothing else. And it installed it directly on this machine. But this computer is my internet computer and not my studio computer.

I would like to install the update on an offline (=not connected to the internet) computer - my studio PC.

Is this possible? and if yes, how? do I need to download all different products from the support portal and use the ASC?

Thanks a lot!
Wolfgang
Cubase 12, Arturia Pigments + Sounds, VCollection 9, FX Collection 3, Xfer Serum, NI Komplete Ultimate 14, Izotope Holiday Bundle Diamond, Sugarbytes Effectrix, Guitarist, and some others

chrisAy

Re: Offline installation of VCollection 4 update
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 05:58:11 pm »
I would also like to know how to do an offline install of V Collection 4

my studio computer has very slow internet

please let us know if this is possible.

brickshans

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 10:49:20 am »
same thing here. no internet in the studio, how can I download the v-collection 4 installer files in order to transfer these to my offline studio machine?

stefk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 01:57:01 pm »
same thing here. no internet in the studio, how can I download the v-collection 4 installer files in order to transfer these to my offline studio machine?

.. same here,  need the offline installer files to install onto PC with no network ..

has there been any answer or traction on this by Arturia  ... ?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 09:49:57 pm »
Hi all, As far as i know there's no way to activate off line. as the new way to activate your product need you to register on the website first, then use the ASC on each machine you want to use the software. Even if you have an off line machine how do you update important software? most people have some kind of ethernet port that can be used to connect to the web.

regards

terrym

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

alpha-w

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 08:46:25 am »
Hi,
hopefully this is a joke. I am working since more than 10 years with a separate studio computer in offline mode. I don't need any updates on this computer, because it is only used for music and never connected to the internet. The reason behind is clear: I don't have to waste CPU power for an internet security suite and I have only these processes running, which are needed for making music. So at the end I have a Windows system with high speed.

I am also user of a lot of other software (I will sent you a PM) and every dealer support offline activation.

thanks

Alpha-w
Cubase 12, Arturia Pigments + Sounds, VCollection 9, FX Collection 3, Xfer Serum, NI Komplete Ultimate 14, Izotope Holiday Bundle Diamond, Sugarbytes Effectrix, Guitarist, and some others

raphael

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 12:45:30 pm »
Hello,
I am in the same boat - I hope the (promised) offline activation feature will work soon.

Best Regards
Raphael

m1ke

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 05:36:59 pm »
I'm waiting for 12 days now... see my post here:

http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=83901.0

I am not amused.

Software that can't be activated offline is not possible for
me to use. Good idea to make a offline activation test before
buying the update.

alpha-w

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 08:10:49 am »
In the meantime I agree. A lot of studios and also "normal" users are workíng offline to improve performance and avoid security risks - so an offline activation of music software needs to be supported somehow.

I have activated the VCollection 4 in the meantime on an old laptop, but Matrix-12V doesn't run there - too much CPU consumption.

Any news when the offline activation will be available?

Thanks a lot!

alpha-w

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 04:20:36 pm »
no news about the offline activation?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments

alpha-w

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 07:46:14 pm »
Thanks Terrym!!!

Will do this tomorrow.

many thanks! (hope it works well)  :-)

alpha-w

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 04:49:48 pm »
Hi Terry,

thanks a lot for the hint. I would have expected a message in the "Announcements" :-)

But I have another question. I have now started an offline activation for my studio PC. In the case I will replace this PC by a newer model (in 1 or maybe 2 years), can I easily deactivate this license and transfer to the new computer?

thanks a lot and best regards

alpha-w

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 04:52:05 pm »
Hi , when you get your new pc yes you can deactivate and move it to the new pc .

regards

terrym
TerryM

alpha-w

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 04:08:35 pm »
does anybody know how long it takes to get an offline activation?  ???

- I bought VCollection4 on December 23rd, 2014
- I created a support ticket for the offline activation on Dec 23rd, 2014 and another one on Jan 5th, 2015 and finally I got information that process will be in place until mid of January
- Then I got information about the offline activation process here in the forum, not in a support ticket or via e-mail and also not in an announcement
- I requested offline activation for my studio PC in the afternoon of January, 30th. This is now half a week ago and at least 2 working days.
- As I got no response until yesterday afteroon (Monday) I created a new support ticket for the offline activation (on February, 2nd), number 200160

And still no reply, no response - and the worst: still no offline activation on my studio PC.

My mood changed from disappointment to frustration and I don't know what comes next. I purchased the update to VC4 now 6 weeks ago and since Friday the situation is worse, because after the activation request for the VC4 all products (even the instruments of VC3) are running in DEMO mode. Makes no sense to use anything in a project.

sorry, that makes me speechless  :-X   

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines