March 19, 2024, 03:48:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bugs in Analog Lab  (Read 5059 times)

jackn2mpu

Bugs in Analog Lab
« on: December 20, 2014, 01:51:07 am »
The three new synths are missing patches in Analog Lab - Solina, Matrix and Vox Continental. This is with the latest build of AL and in both standalone and inside Pro Tools 11.2.2 in OSX 10.8.5 and OSX 10.9.5.

Another bug is that the Prophet 5 emulation in AL sticks on one patch and won't change.

Yet another bug is the three new synths won't highlight in the studio panel or if they do they won't stay highlighted and the highlight will go back to the last used synth.

All in all I'd say not ready for primetime.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Bugs in Analog Lab
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 10:53:23 am »
Hi jackn2mpu,

Could you please tell me if you own a Vcoll4 license or only an AnalogLab license ?
Do you have any other Vcoll4 plugin installed on your machine or any previous version ?
Please check in pref that
- you do run the latest version 1.2.1 build 18.
- If Vox/Matrix/Solina are listed as editable or not and with with version...(if any)
.......testing.......

jackn2mpu

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 12:48:35 pm »
Hi jackn2mpu,

Could you please tell me if you own a Vcoll4 license or only an AnalogLab license ?
Do you have any other Vcoll4 plugin installed on your machine or any previous version ?
Please check in pref that
- you do run the latest version 1.2.1 build 18.
- If Vox/Matrix/Solina are listed as editable or not and with with version...(if any)
I have had an Analog Lab license for a long time (pretty much since it first came out). The V4 collection I have is the demo version. Yes I do have the latest version of Analog Lab as I stated in my first post. I have licenses for and have been using the Mg Modular, Mg Mini and CS80 emulations for a number of years and they are listed as editable. Those three are the latest versions that got downloaded when I downloaded and installed the new authorization system (ASC).

Sololina, Vox and Matrix are not listed as editable as are the other synths I don't yet own like the Wurlitzer, ARP2600, Prophet 5, etc. It shouldn't matter whether I have licenses or not for the synths other than the three I own for them to be playable (but not editable) in Analog Lab. I thought that was part of the reason behind AL - having access to the sounds but you couldn't edit them which is okay with me.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 01:32:28 pm »
You should be able to open any presets of Matrix Vox and Solina even if you don't have license for them you are right.
Could you please try to remove all the .pref files in your :
library/Arturia/AnalogLab

Could you please check that you have a Matrix Vox and Solina folder in :
library/Arturia/AnalogLab/embedded

.......testing.......

jackn2mpu

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 02:00:02 pm »
You should be able to open any presets of Matrix Vox and Solina even if you don't have license for them you are right.
Could you please try to remove all the .pref files in your :
library/Arturia/AnalogLab

Could you please check that you have a Matrix Vox and Solina folder in :
library/Arturia/AnalogLab/embedded
I trashed the prefs and that didn't help; still the same problems.

Yes I do have folders for the Matrix, Vox and Solina where you say they should be. Something I noticed is that those three folders, as well as the Wurlitzer one have a Resources folder in each folder along with the vst plugin. None of the other instrument folders have that resources folder.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 02:56:46 pm »
None of those synth (Matrix Vox Solina) are listed in any preset of Analog Lab ?!

Lets' try something else then :
- Copy the file Labo2.db located in library/Arturia/AnalogLab and paste it in a safe place of your choice. In this file is stored all your user presets. If you don't have any users preset ignore this step.
- Delete AnalogLab folder in library/Arturia/AnalogLab
-Reinstall
- Run AnalogLab and check if you can load any Matrix, Vox or Solina preset.
- Close Analog Lab and replace the Labo2.db file you copied before

.......testing.......

jackn2mpu

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 04:07:40 pm »
None of those synth (Matrix Vox Solina) are listed in any preset of Analog Lab ?!

Lets' try something else then :
- Copy the file Labo2.db located in library/Arturia/AnalogLab and paste it in a safe place of your choice. In this file is stored all your user presets. If you don't have any users preset ignore this step.
- Delete AnalogLab folder in library/Arturia/AnalogLab
-Reinstall
- Run AnalogLab and check if you can load any Matrix, Vox or Solina preset.
- Close Analog Lab and replace the Labo2.db file you copied before

I deleted the AL folder and reinstalling AL and that worked fine, seeming to solve the issues I wrote about. What I don't understand is when I downloaded and installed the latest build a couple of times this didn't solve the issue. Also it's weird that this happened to begin with. You may want to put this in a faq or something so that other people that have this issue can get a remedy.

Prior to this there were NO presets for Matrix/Solina/Vox that show when I try and click on the particular synth. As a matter of fact the synth wouldn't even highlight when clicked on like the others. Something else I haven't mentioned and you haven't asked is that in the Filter View where you see just the synth clicked on in that part of the gui where you can select a synth (not a patch in the left hand side of the gui) these three synths are NOT listed.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 04:36:06 pm »
Did you put back Labo2.db file after reinstall ?
Did you have user's preset restored properly ?

I guess your problem is caused by an old dbsrc folder installed in a previous version (not 1.1 but before maybe 1.0.3 or 1.0.5)
In this folder were an old database backup.
I'll investigate.
Sorry for this and thanks for the feedback !
.......testing.......

jackn2mpu

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 12:55:54 am »
Did you put back Labo2.db file after reinstall ?
Did you have user's preset restored properly ?

I guess your problem is caused by an old dbsrc folder installed in a previous version (not 1.1 but before maybe 1.0.3 or 1.0.5)
In this folder were an old database backup.
I'll investigate.
Sorry for this and thanks for the feedback !
I didn't put the labo2 file back because I had no user presets.
As to the old folder thing I might buy that except the new authorization system when it ran and updated my system it placed the Arturia stuff in a completely different location (root of the Library folder and not in Application Support where it was before) so unless the installer moved over the old file then I don't see how what happened happened and an old file was read. I don't remember for sure but seeing your version numbers makes me think I might have had 1.0.5 installed.

Something you may want to do is to add instructions in a readme or such that comes with the installer routine to uninstall the old installation, taking care to save any user presets.

All this was done on my OSX 10.8.5 partition; in my OSX 10.9.5 partition AL locks up requiring a force quit or outright crashes in standalone mode with the spinning beachball of death. Haven't tried it in PT 11.3.0 in that partition due to the crashes in standalone.

Anything I can do to help - let me know, although with Christmas in a couple of days I may not have much time to really wring things out or try things.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 02:22:49 am »
I had the exact same issue when i upgraded the latest update on Mac. Basically the update didn't install the appropriate plug ins within the embedded folder. (The same folder i'd love you to reveal in the older version of Analogue Laboratory so I can retrieve my presets)

I deleted

/Library/Application Support/Arturia/Analog Lab/
/Applications/Arturia/Analog Lab
/Library/Arturia/Analog Lab/

Launched the web app and did a custom install of Analog Lab, which sorted my issue out.

Thanks, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7