March 28, 2024, 10:01:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab 1.2.1.18 crash.  (Read 8701 times)

supergirl36

Analog Lab 1.2.1.18 crash.
« on: December 18, 2014, 05:51:52 pm »
Hello, the Arturia tech email doesn't work. The Analog Lab new update either. After two minutes of testing it, trying to load user presets, it crashes. Ridiculous. And you haven't answered to my emails in eight days.

supergirl36

Re: Analog Lab 1.2.1.18 crash.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 05:59:51 pm »
Standalone crash also.

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 10:19:38 pm »
That doesnt sound good if your having issues with the latest update

Are you getting constant crashing or just user presets ?

Is it importing user presets or what you have in your existing database ?

Did you make these presets in a DAW or standalone ?

I be honest and im on wynDOZE but i havent had the issues your descibing

I contacted Arturia about a account inquiry and it took a while but they did reply

I might add the issue was corrected 20 hours before i got the conformation email telling me what they had done

They might have some lag on there out going mail for some reason

I think there updating there support system but it should still work so your ticket wont be lost

8 working days not including the weekends is a long time even at this time of year

Have you many user presets can you export them to back them up ?

If you can try doing a clean install and reimport your user presets if its not to much of a task

If you are not sure just wait for arturia

Sorry i couldnt help you

supergirl36

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 10:25:30 pm »
That doesnt sound good if your having issues with the latest update

Are you getting constant crashing or just user presets ?

Is it importing user presets or what you have in your existing database ?

Did you make these presets in a DAW or standalone ?

I be honest and im on wynDOZE but i havent had the issues your descibing

I contacted Arturia about a account inquiry and it took a while but they did reply

I might add the issue was corrected 20 hours before i got the conformation email telling me what they had done

They might have some lag on there out going mail for some reason

I think there updating there support system but it should still work so your ticket wont be lost

8 working days not including the weekends is a long time even at this time of year

Have you many user presets can you export them to back them up ?

If you can try doing a clean install and reimport your user presets if its not to much of a task

If you are not sure just wait for arturia

Sorry i couldnt help you

Thanks for answering. I'm on Mac. The presets were created in AU. AL only crashes when i try to pull up these user presets. I can see my user presets in the GUI browser in the left column. Thanks. (Not sure how to export and import my user presets...)

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 10:37:14 pm »
Hey Supergirl

Have you tried to ditch your prefs?

/Library/Arturia/Analog Lab/standalone.pref

Trash standalone.pref in the above path and restart. Open Analog Lab and see what you get.

Even when you have plug ins in the DAW I would save your presets inside Analog Lab, this mean that they will stay with both the DAW version and the standalone version.

Thanks, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 10:59:54 pm »
Wait for Arturia

But for the future !

Hope this poor quality video makes sense on creating and exporting a preset

I know its wynDOZE but im sure you get the idea

http://youtu.be/X8Anz4StwJw

supergirl36

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 11:12:28 pm »
Hello guys, Here's what i did. I exported my user presets, i don't have that much. I deleted the AL app and the standalone.pref. I restarted my computer. Reinstalled AL. Opened it, and my user presets were still there. So i tried deleting them manually. Re-imported them. And it seems to work now. There are four user presets i cannot delete because as soon as i select them, it crashes - in standalone or AU. I tried finding them in the Finder to delete them from outside AL, but i cannot find them.

The way i create presets is ok, just as shown on the Youtube video. Thanks.

Now i have to create new user presets and use them to see if it crashes.

Thanks for your help.

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 11:22:59 pm »
Hello guys, Here's what i did. I exported my user presets, i don't have that much. I deleted the AL app and the standalone.pref. I restarted my computer. Reinstalled AL. Opened it, and my user presets were still there. So i tried deleting them manually. Re-imported them. And it seems to work now. There are four user presets i cannot delete because as soon as i select them, it crashes - in standalone or AU. I tried finding them in the Finder to delete them from outside AL, but i cannot find them.

Thanks for your help.

The presets aren't individual files you can delete, they are tied up in prefs and other files.
Deleting /Library/Arturia/Analog Lab/standalone.pref  should be enough if you have issues, no need to delete the app.

Thanks, Stuart 

Thanks, Stuart
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:25:33 pm by stuart »
Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

supergirl36

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 11:26:12 pm »

Thanks for your help.

The presets aren't individual files you can delete, they are tied up in prefs and other files.

Thanks, Stuart

Thanks, Stuart. Everything is working fine except those four user presets that make AL crash. I don't know : maybe because they were created with a buggy version of AL like two weeks ago. Thanks.

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 11:35:49 pm »
You cannot find them because they are incorporated into a database

You haven't deleted this and I wouldn't advise deleting it even if I knew where it was on mac

Attach the exported presets or send them in the mail to arturia to  help other users finding out why there presets are not decoding correctly

Arturia will look at your presets and work out why there not intergrating into your database correctly

Hope this helps

supergirl36

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 11:42:17 pm »
Final message : Does someone know how to make a clean install on mac ? I tried trashing the app, like i wrote earlier, but that's not enough. Huge thanks to all who helped me today.

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 11:51:53 pm »
HI,

If you delete:

/Library/Application Support/Arturia/Analog Lab/
/Applications/Arturia/Analog Lab
/Library/Arturia/Analog Lab/

This should delete everything analog Lab related.

Thanks, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

supergirl36

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 12:06:40 am »
HI,

If you delete:

/Library/Application Support/Arturia/Analog Lab/
/Applications/Arturia/Analog Lab
/Library/Arturia/Analog Lab/

This should delete everything analog Lab related.

Thanks, Stuart

Yep. Thanks.

plexus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2015, 09:23:31 pm »
I am running the latest version of analog lab and collection V and analog lab will not start either in standalone or as an AU in logic Pro X on my late 2000 1117 inch MacBook Pro running the latest Yosemite I've tried reinstalling everything from scratch and deleting all the files install files in between each type of install there are three sources of the install files the welcome app the software center and individual downloads from the update page in all cases analog lab will crash as standalone with an error that flashes on the screen and disappears but it seems indicate a missing file I emailed support about this they just suggested doing a reinstall and of course that didn't help the other instruments work except vox which doesn't either.

supergirl36

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2015, 10:45:34 pm »
I am running the latest version of analog lab and collection V and analog lab will not start either in standalone or as an AU in logic Pro X on my late 2000 1117 inch MacBook Pro running the latest Yosemite I've tried reinstalling everything from scratch and deleting all the files install files in between each type of install there are three sources of the install files the welcome app the software center and individual downloads from the update page in all cases analog lab will crash as standalone with an error that flashes on the screen and disappears but it seems indicate a missing file I emailed support about this they just suggested doing a reinstall and of course that didn't help the other instruments work except vox which doesn't either.

Version 1.2.2.47. Hello, I'm on an early-2011 MBP 13 running latest Yosemite update. Standalone works fine for Analog Lab and Vox. I opened the latest beta version of Live. Analog Lab AU works fine ; Vox AU crashed the first time. I restarted Live, pulled up VOX AU again, and it's now ok.

I'm not a tech. I just wanted to try this since i had not used Analog Lab since this weeks update. Good luck.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 12:17:53 am by supergirl36 »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines