March 28, 2024, 10:46:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: RE : Lab 49/61 (Newbie Questions?)  (Read 2617 times)

monsterjazzlicks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Funkin' out on ma' Rhodes !!
RE : Lab 49/61 (Newbie Questions?)
« on: December 12, 2014, 12:18:27 am »
Hi folks,

I am still relatively new to this forum and am a pretty inexperienced with the Arturia products etc.  My scenario/question is as follows :-

I was thinking what it would be like to buy/use 'Arturia Lab' (with a laptop) on a live gig (say, with my Nord Stage or Fender Rhodes piano) for (retro type) synth sounds?

I have the 'V-Collection' (vsti) already which I purchased earlier in the year to use with my 'Cubase Artist 7.5', but I see that the 'Lab' comes with its own dedicated software which (as I understand) comprises a scaled down version of the affore mentioned (around 4,000 x sounds depending on which keyboard size you buy). I assumed that you would be able to use the full 'V-Collection' with the 'Lab' controller but apparently, even though there is less content in the latter mentioned, it seems to be preferred (and somewhat advised for the sake of simplicity) to use this because everything regarding Mapping/Routing/Controllers etc has been already fully configured for each and every sound (so that you can use it right out of the box!)?

I have sifted through quite a few discussions on this matter but I decided to open a new thread so I hope that is ok (with the moderators).  In any case, here is a link to an SOS article outlining the essentials (I kind of thought the 'Lab' was a very new product but I just noted the date on this review which is almost 2 x years old if I am correct!) :-

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan12/articles/arturia-analog-laboratory.htm

I do have other Q's but I will leave it as this for now until it is time to move on.

Many thanks in advance.

Paul
Nord Stage Classic 88 (Revision B), Fender Rhodes Suitcase, Fender Rhodes Stage, Hohner E7 Clavinet, Mini Moog Model D, Multi Moog, Yamaha DX7 (Mk1) & DX21, Roland Juno 6, Roland XV-5050 (module).

Sibelius 7 / Cubase Artist 7.5

monsterjazzlicks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Funkin' out on ma' Rhodes !!
Re: RE : Lab 49/61 (Newbie Questions?)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 07:38:29 pm »
Hi again,

Is nobody here able to advise please?  Or have I posted my thread in the wrong column?

Ta,

Paul
Nord Stage Classic 88 (Revision B), Fender Rhodes Suitcase, Fender Rhodes Stage, Hohner E7 Clavinet, Mini Moog Model D, Multi Moog, Yamaha DX7 (Mk1) & DX21, Roland Juno 6, Roland XV-5050 (module).

Sibelius 7 / Cubase Artist 7.5

secretwep

Re: RE : Lab 49/61 (Newbie Questions?)
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 06:15:24 pm »
I read somewhere that if you have a licensed Collection item, that it would open up all of the parameters on that particular synth for editing.  For synths you haven't purchased, you would have more limited (but useful) control over parameters.
-John

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines