March 29, 2024, 09:00:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Presets saving and loading bank's troubles after update thru the Software Center  (Read 21520 times)

LBH

Presets saving and loading troubles after update thru the Arturia Software Center.

There are different troubles with different apps in the analog collection saving preset/ presets banks to disk after updating.
But the troubles means it is not possible to save preset/bank to disk and/ or to load Presets/banks from disk.
That's no good. Rather useless.
What is wrong?
Anyone know's?

LBH

It's especially the import that don't work.But that can also have to do with the export.
Some apps crash. Others just don't import and show in the preset list.

LBH

Do somebody else have this issues? Would be nice to know.

To expirience the issue You can for example in Prophet 5 try to:

1. Create a test presets and save it in a test bank and test subbank.
2. Export the bank to disk.
3. Delete the bank in the applikation.
4. Try to import the saved Test bank from disk.

Did Prophet crash?

You can also try to import a bank to SEM.
Did the imported bank show in the SEM preset list?
Also try it with a bank you have eksported.

Try similar with other apps.

Sam

• Administrator
Hi LBH,

We've been able to reproduce this issue on the Prophet V and it's been added to our post-release TODO list.
However, we cannot reproduce your ObSEM issue.
Could you give us more details please ?

Thanks for your report
Sam
Software engineer
Arturia

LBH

Thanks for reply Sam.

Hope fixes come very fast, so ones presets and work, can be backed up on disk.

For SEM do this:

1. Create a test presets and save it in a test bank and test subbank.
2. Export the bank to disk.
3. Delete the bank in the application.
4. Try to import the saved Test bank from disk.

SEM do not crash. But the Bank do not appear in the Preset list in SEM. The presets is thereby not imported to SEM. They are realy not imported or availble to be used.

For ARP 2600, CS-80, Mini andModular it is the same as i describes with Prophet. They all crashes when trying to import.

For Analog Laboratory it is the same as with SEM. It don't crash, but the presets do not appear in the apps preset's list.

For Jupiter, Analog Lab, Wurlitzer and Spark Vintage Drums nothing like this seems wrong. I have been able to save, export, delete and import in those apps.

Another thing. Why is analog Laboratory and Spark vintage Drums not for download and to be activated in the new Arturia Software Center. That's needed if one should be able to drop eLicenser i guess?

Kind regards

LBH

I can also inform, that i've just tried to save an altered preset in Mini V. It don't overwrite as it should. It creates a new preset instead with a strange name.
I have not time to check now in other apps. I suggest you do it, as i guess it apply for more apps in one way or another.

Also when i have saved a new preset it now more often than before crash the app when selected. It is not possible to delete this preset again, as it can not be selected without crashing the app. Very annoying.
This i know is also wrong in the other apps.

There is something really wrong with presets saving, selecting, exporting and importing in the V collections apps.
Maybe this will have been fixed with the other issues i have reported, but i report this anyway, just in case it matters ...

Sam

• Administrator
Hello LBH,

We released an update of the V Collection softwares yesterday (you can install them through the Arturia Software Center).
They should fix your presets saving/loading issues (we're not able to reproduce them anymore with our test setups).
If you're still having troubles, feel free to answer to this post, I'll keep an eye on it.

Best
Sam
Software engineer
Arturia

LBH

Hi Sam,

Have'nt had much time. But it seems the saving/ loading/ export/ import issues is solved.

But User presets, and templets presets are messed up in Mini V, and Prophet 5
Presets are in the wrong folder, and some presets are missing while other Banks and presets are doubled up.
Maybe it happens in other apps too.
Gives a lot of work, even if it should be okay after a clesn up in the presets.

I've noticed, that the mess up maybe is different from install to install. I have installed on 2 machines. The mess up is not the same. However the presets was not the same on the two machines.

But there seems to be a bank and preset mess up like described in at least Mini V and Prophet 5.

Another thing is about the softclip and the overload in Mini V.
In Analog Lab everything is okay. But in Mini V Softclip settings is cancelled or something. That's for the factory presets. My own seems to be okay.
Try for example to load Mini V preset Duke in Analog Lab and press edit i Analog lab. You will find that softclip is on, and overload is on and turned to a value. That how it should be.
Know open the app Mini V and load the same preset. It's  K.Ujiie - Leads - K.U_Duke. Know you will see that softclip is off and therefor the sound is not good. The overload make brumming sound. That's wrong. I guess the brumming is because the internal overload circuit has to be turned on bu switching the softclip on, as i understand it, unless you wan't that brumming?
It's the same for other factory presets using softclip and internal overload.
Test the external overload presets to.

Also you could go thru the presets in all the apps, as many presets is way to loud.
I am a bit puzzled that the for example the vca level in jupiter is allways turned all the way up. This knob is for setting levels so sounds do not overload when using the volume knob and to even out levels between presets leaving the volume on the same setting. Also velocity is not accounted for in the level settings. That's the same in CS-80. Also similar level problems in other apps. Thats not very proffessionel i think. Just a suggestion. Will give a more proffessionel advertising.

Know i write. I have noticed trubles on your website when listening to the music created with the new apps Solina, Matrix ... The first example goes fibe, but when listening to the next example the sound stop at a point. After a reload of the site it' s the same thing. You can here one example the other stop. You have to reload site.

Hope you don't mind i tell out of topic stuff here. I just report, and don't wan't to use even more time on it.

I hope the troubles soon will be solved compleately. It takes a lot of time and troble both when things is not working, and to report about it.

Kind Regards
LBH

LBH

Addition:
Just noticed that also the factory presets in Mini V are messed up like described above. Check the apps.

Kind regards

Admin

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
Hi,

Regarding the sounds on the website: if you listen to a track, and while listening to it you click on another one to listen to this other one, it is normal behaviour that the first one stops. We decided that it would be better user experience not to have two tracks playing simultaneously on the website. If you are not talking about this, please could you indicate us on which page, and with which demo sounds exactly could we reproduce your issue? Could you also provide your webbrowser version?

Best regards,

Simon

Sam

• Administrator
Hi LBH,

Hi Sam,

Have'nt had much time. But it seems the saving/ loading/ export/ import issues is solved.

Glad it worked !

But User presets, and templets presets are messed up in Mini V, and Prophet 5
Presets are in the wrong folder, and some presets are missing while other Banks and presets are doubled up.
Maybe it happens in other apps too.
Gives a lot of work, even if it should be okay after a clesn up in the presets.

I've noticed, that the mess up maybe is different from install to install. I have installed on 2 machines. The mess up is not the same. However the presets was not the same on the two machines.

But there seems to be a bank and preset mess up like described in at least Mini V and Prophet 5.

Actually, we didn't delete the preset folders used by the previous versions. It means that you can backup them if you encounters trouble. To restore the presets state like it was on the previous versions of the Mini & prophet, you can follow the procedure described here by Mathieu: http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=83646.msg116161#msg116161
More specifically:

The installer should have transferred your presets from the old folders to the new ones. If that's not the case, I suggest you try and reinstall the plugins.
If that doesn't work, you can transfer your presets by hand:
- Make sure to keep the old presets without modifying them. That way, if something goes wrong, your presets are still saved somewhere.
[...]
- For Mini V:
    - The old location is C:\ProgramData\Arturia\MiniMg V\save (or /Library/Arturia/MiniMg V/save on Mac)
    - The new location is C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Mini V2\save (or /Library/Arturia/Mini V2/save on Mac)
    - If you don't have User presets in the new version, just copy the old folder to the new folder
    - If you have new User presets, please get back to me, the procedure is more complicated due to the weird way the presets are stored.

Another thing is about the softclip and the overload in Mini V.
In Analog Lab everything is okay. But in Mini V Softclip settings is cancelled or something. That's for the factory presets. My own seems to be okay.
Try for example to load Mini V preset Duke in Analog Lab and press edit i Analog lab. You will find that softclip is on, and overload is on and turned to a value. That how it should be.
Know open the app Mini V and load the same preset. It's  K.Ujiie - Leads - K.U_Duke. Know you will see that softclip is off and therefor the sound is not good. The overload make brumming sound. That's wrong. I guess the brumming is because the internal overload circuit has to be turned on bu switching the softclip on, as i understand it, unless you wan't that brumming?
It's the same for other factory presets using softclip and internal overload.
Test the external overload presets to.

We've been able to reproduce a different behaviour concerning the softclip when using the Mini V in standalone / in Analog Lab. That's not the case for every factory presets, but it happens sometimes.
Thanks for this report, we added this case to our tracker.

Also you could go thru the presets in all the apps, as many presets is way to loud.
I am a bit puzzled that the for example the vca level in jupiter is allways turned all the way up. This knob is for setting levels so sounds do not overload when using the volume knob and to even out levels between presets leaving the volume on the same setting.

It's true that a lot of presets have their VCA level at its maximum (but that's not the case of everyone of them, check RJ_Ring Mod Bass for instance). But I agree, the sound level normalisation is not perfect on the Jupiter8.

Also velocity is not accounted for in the level settings. That's the same in CS-80. Also similar level problems in other apps. Thats not very proffessionel i think. Just a suggestion. Will give a more proffessionel advertising.

Concerning the velocity, it depends on your modulation settings. I tried on my setup and I couldn't reproduce this issue.
To check if it works on your setup, try to open the Jupiter8 and load tas-old-bass. Then, make these 3 changes in the keyboard modulation panel:
- Edit the curve to get the max available range
- Set the first velocity target modulation to VCA
- Set the modulation amount knob to +1.0
See the image attached to this post

On the CS-80:
- Load the following preset: All > Basses > one_osc
- Open the modulation matrix panel
- Set the following modulation: Velocity > VCA 1 vol. with amout = 1.0
See the image attached to this post

Let me know if it does not work.

Know i write. I have noticed trubles on your website when listening to the music created with the new apps Solina, Matrix ... The first example goes fibe, but when listening to the next example the sound stop at a point. After a reload of the site it' s the same thing. You can here one example the other stop. You have to reload site.

As you can see with the message posted right before this one, I forwarded your issue to the website team !

Hope you don't mind i tell out of topic stuff here. I just report, and don't wan't to use even more time on it.

I hope the troubles soon will be solved compleately. It takes a lot of time and troble both when things is not working, and to report about it.

Of course I don't mind. I know for sure that this kind of report takes time but it's certainly very useful for our teams and users.
Thanks again!

Best,
Sam
Software engineer
Arturia

LBH

Hi Sam,

I has'nt tested  your solutions to the preset issue yet. May takr some days. So this is just about the website.

I can for sure say it's about both Solina and Matrix sound examples. Also others  as i recall.

It is the long music examples and maybe also the short soundexamples.

It's a good thing one example stop's if you begin to play another. That's not it.

Try play one music example alle the way thru. Then when it has stop start the next music example. Then at a point the player stop by it selfs, so you have to reload the site.

I have used Google Chrome for that. I allways update my apps. So the latest version.

Merry Christmas

LBH

Hi Sam,

Second report for the day. Also see the first.

Just cheked the paths given about the presets.

I have no such paths.

On for example Mini V i have this path:
programfiles/arturia/ Mini V2 and then there are no other subfolders. Only the Mini V2 program and the two uninstaller files.

Just replace the synth name in the path and it's the same for all the other synths except Analog Lab there seems to have the old uninstaller files keept too or older versions of the uninstaller, but only one program installer.

I have V-collection 3. V-collection 4 is in the situation to expensive for the moment, and maybe don't add enough for me. Well i could drop e-licenser wich i unfortunately has to keep for my Spark vintage drums and for analog loboratory.

I run 64 bit windows 7.

I have allways keept my installs the same place.

I export my own presets/ Banks in other folders at another place. The factory presets is preinstalled. And as i say, they are messed up too.
Where my presets go when i save them in the appliktion without exporting them i have no idea about, if the paths you mention is not right, and if not the presets are embebed in the applikations when saving.
Somehow the presets shall be at a place an update can locate. And when you import banks you are not using the actual preset files banks or single presets in the application. But they are not at the path yu are giving. So where are they?

I haven't tried to reinstall yet. But never the less, there is something to look into anyway. I'm afraid that won't do the trick. But i hope.
To much work for making a update this way.

Kind regards

LBH

Just in case.

To clarify:
I have never had Arturai miniMg. Only Mini V2 from the v collection 3.
The thread you refere to apply to a update from miniMg to Mini V it seems.

LBH

Hi again Sam,

I had a thought and enabled "show hidden files" in Windows 7.

Now a folder called ProgramData apart from ProgramFiles appeared.

In this folder i can find lot's of stuff including a folder called MiniMg V, one called Mini V, and one
called Mini V2. Also lots of folders for most of the other apps. There are following folders:

1.  Analog Lab
2.  Analog Laboratory
3.  ARP 2600 V2
4.  ARP2600 V2
5.  arp2600v2
6.  Arturia Software Center
7.  CS-80 V2
8.  cs80v2
9.  Jupiter-8 V2
10. Jupiter-8V2
11. Mini V
12. Mini V2
13. MiniMg V
14. Modular V2
15. Mg Modular V 2
16. MgModularV2
17. Oberheim SEM V
18. Prophet V2a
19. Prophet-V2
20. Spark Vintage Drum Machines
21. Wurlitzer V

Off the ones with 2 or 3 folders by the names i have writen, there are 2 folders where a save folder with files can be found.
Where there are 3 folders 1 folder contain only a file for and called standalone.settings.

Why all the dublets? If it is the same content in some folders, then it's bad for disk space also.
And where is my presets in those save folders? The files are named with a letter and a number. Can't tell them apart by the name.

Are there folders safe to be deleted?
Why are'nt they deleted on an update?
Is the preset's in those files - they are only 1 and 3 kb.?
If there are complete dubblets, is it then save to delete some folders, and if so - which folders are safe to delete? It also a matter of where my presets is in those folders.

I have in the window control panel also also seen that some apps are there twice. The older one say program may is removed. Why do this happend? I guess it is safe to remove the older one from the windows control panel?

Will it be better to uninstall all Arturia Synth Apps, and then reinstall all?
But i guess that will delete all my own presets and all my imported ones. So i prefere not to do that unless it gives less work. A lot work
anyway, that i could do without.

I maybe will await your answer before an reinstall to feel more safe. We will see. Maybe i just do it. But it looks like the many folders mentioned above will give a mess in at least some applications if just reinstalling. Or what?

Kind regards

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines