March 29, 2024, 05:09:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Warming up time  (Read 3088 times)

Envell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Warming up time
« on: November 21, 2014, 09:43:12 pm »
Hi, it seems that I've managed to apply the technote06, so now the microbrute is in tune.. but I have to wait almost 3 hours! It doesn't reach the stability before. What can be the problem? The power supply is the 12V 1A and the room is in normal condition.
Thanks!

Real Soon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Warming up time
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 04:41:16 am »
Wow. Does it keep shifting noticeably for that long? Max time at normal room temperature should be no more than 10 min, and mine's warm in about 5. Maybe something's up with the current going to your VCO?

Envell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 08:11:01 pm »
I tried to plug the transformer into various outlets of the house and also in the rehearsal room, the problem remains..
may be because the contacts are dirty? I got it used and it was actually very dirty, also on the inside (there's a button that doesn't play, I think I have to take apart the keys and clean).

Real Soon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 03:59:44 am »
Shouldn't be. That warmup time is strictly for the oscillator itself to get to proper operating temperature, which is why it doesn't take too long: the oscillator's not that big a circuit, physically speaking. Despite what I said before, if it were getting so underpowered as to take that long under normal circumstances, I don't think it'd be getting enough juice to function at all. Maybe some voltage is bleeding into the CV in control and messing with the pitch that way? Something in the circuitry is definitely faulty, though.

Envell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 08:01:58 pm »
I found that if I turn the lfo amount all the way right the pitch change, also if I plug a jack into the lfo or the envelope out. What should I do to fix it? If I can do something.. Should I take apart the microbrute and clean all the circuits?
By the way thanks for your answers :) I'm glad you're trying to helping me

Envell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 11:57:14 am »
up

Envell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 01:38:23 pm »