April 19, 2024, 09:47:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cubase 7.5 - Using the SparkLE Step Sequencer with 3rd party software  (Read 3308 times)

Richardvetro

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hello.
I have succesfully been able to use the sparkle controller to trigger samples on Groove Agent 4 in Cubase 7.5. I have also been able to midi map the Pads on the Sparkle so they can control the pads on Groove Agent 4 MPC and various other VSTi. The Issue I am having is that I can’t use the the step sequencer built into SparkLE with the 3rd party software. 

Is this possible?

I have searched the Internet for quite some time now and have only been able to find tutorials on how to use the device with a separate VSTi in manual pad mode or by dragging a pattern on the midi track. But I have not found a way to patch the step sequencer to a VSTi software. 

Is there a way to output the midi step sequencer from the SparkLE Controller and send it to the midi midi channel of a third-party VSTi in Cubase (In Real Time)?

I do have the option in Groove Agent 4 to use the SparkLE as a traditional MPC Style programmed device,But I prefer to use the hardware step sequencer. 

Thank you.

Rich.

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
Re: Cubase 7.5 - Using the SparkLE Step Sequencer with 3rd party software
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 08:59:08 pm »
I may be wrong but I thought the sequencer was built into the spark software  ???

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 10:12:15 pm »
Hi it is possible for another vsti to play the sequence from sparkle software which you can edit live from the controller .please search the forum as i had explained this before .i don't have time tonight but if you have no luck i will try and find the links

regards

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Richardvetro

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 05:04:21 pm »
Thank You Terry.

I had previously watched your post regarding "Guist" last week.
That is actually how I figured out how to get the pads to work.
I had to change the setting in preference to "Sequencer" and remove "Pad"
It worked like a charm.

Cheers.

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 05:42:16 pm »
Yes

I got this to work now in cubase and ableton

I had the send midi from sequencer checked but didnt have the host button on

Thanks  8)

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 06:04:14 am »
To the original poster, how did you get SPARK controller to be remapped to Groove Agent in Cubase? I am trying to do this now, I can get it mostly working, but the pads send out weird midi notes. I can set on spark settings either "custom" (which I can't change) or "general MIDI" or "spark". Every one sends out different MIDI notes from 1-16 pads. Did you somehow make a custom map? Or did you transpose in cubase?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 05:27:37 pm »
Hi you can map by right clicking on the pad and changing the midi note to the same as GA

regards

Terrym

ps the latest update has a bug which will be fix in the next update for sending midi from seq.
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines