April 20, 2024, 06:26:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Possible to sync multiple beatsteps?  (Read 2776 times)

lazzy_8

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Possible to sync multiple beatsteps?
« on: November 16, 2014, 05:52:44 am »
And can it be done via MIDI cable (no USB)?  Thanks!

syrupcore

Re: Possible to sync multiple beatsteps?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 09:55:24 pm »
Sadly, no. With a computer, it should be possible.

noCore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • noCore
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 12:34:10 am »
would it be possible, with a firmware tweak, to be able to sync two beatsteps up via the CV output...

perhaps - by using the midi control centre to define one beatstep as slave and the other as master

the master could send clock out the CV... and the slave could receive the clock with its CV
and each beatstep could control MIDI devices with the midi output (and be powered via the USB)

possible?

WattSekunde

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 01:17:03 pm »
Without knowledge of the schematics I can't say it absolutely but I guess that the CV output is technically only an output. No signal could be read on this pin. It's sadly the same with the MIDI Port. There are only two wires from the Beatstep to the Adapter. It looks like only ground signal and midi data output are available. USB has the ability to transfer in both directions. For me it looks like there is an USB to midi converter inside. The whole communication between MIDIControlCenter and Beatstep looks like MIDI (Sysex). This includes firmware updates. Maybe someone can hack the ting, find a full MIDI interface inside and bring the MIDI-IN port to the outside.

I don't understand why Arturia hasn't used a 3-pin port with full MIDI support. And or an Gate in. Sadly we don't have a tap tempo function!

@Arturia: >>>> I would like to see: Hold the CHAN button + tap the <selected channel button> for tempo! <<<< I think the big buttons are more precise in timing then the smaller one.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines