April 26, 2024, 12:41:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New to MB  (Read 1736 times)

EuRob

New to MB
« on: November 10, 2014, 12:58:33 pm »
Hi all
I am new to MB and I have had my instrument for a few days.
Already I am well into it and created 2 'sounds' which I have saved on the blank presets (I'll need to get more of those, handy for quick set up).
I am a musician and I play woodwinds, mainly saxes. I got the MB for a new project that I am involved with. It's kind of electronica/dance/jazz vibe and I use my sax through an effects processor. In rehearsals there was a layer missing which is why I went for the MB after doing a stack of research on the web, I was initially looking at the Korg Kaossilator but that seems too much like a toy (and there is a drummer in the project so no need for drum loops) also the sounds on the KP cant be changed as they are all presets, unlike the MB.
I am yet to play my sax into the MB as well as other possibilities as I have only had it a few days but I intend to try all sorts of stuff! I am also looking into sending the MB to the effects processor/looper for more interesting possibilities!
I am hoping that the connection software could be available on iPhone (less gear to take with me) but I will stick with my puter for now.
Does the MB software run on ipad?
Also, read some negative stuff on the firmware update! I have not updated should I? I am not very tech (being a sax player all I had to deal with on tech stuff was, reeds, pads, mics, servicing etc) so not sure whether I should update?
Any advice on the above would be appreciated and I will learn lots of stuff on here I reckon.
Until my next post
Adios!
Rob

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines