March 29, 2024, 01:04:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: audio processing with microbrute  (Read 6228 times)

mikrophonie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
audio processing with microbrute
« on: October 27, 2014, 07:54:49 pm »
Am I able to use all of the Microbrute's processing facilities by running a line from my mixer's send  into the 1/4 inch audio in jack on the rear of the unit? I want to use the Microbrute for processing acoutic piano sounds - using a mic/mixer.

Bacon

Re: audio processing with microbrute
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 07:02:25 am »
That should work perfectly. The sound will run through the Microbrute's filter, so all modulation you apply to the filter will affect the piano sound.

mikrophonie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 10:48:31 am »
Thanks for reply. So I can use all the functions of the microbrute when processing the piano sound? And will audio in require me to constantly hold a key down on the keyboard?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:56:09 am by mikrophonie »

avantronica

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 12:03:52 pm »
You could plug a cable between gate out and gate in but you'll loose the envelope

mikrophonie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 05:07:55 pm »
Thanks for information. Do you know about holding a key down on keyboard to trigger audio in?

Bacon

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 07:35:20 am »
See avantronica's answer above. You can either press down a key when you want the external audio to pass through, or you can plug a cable from gate out to gate in, but in the latter case the envelope won't retrigger.

Real Soon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 06:30:36 pm »
It'd be worth trying running the sequencer in Hold mode (via the software), with the oscillator waves turned down to 0, and getting that constant retriggering of the envelope that way. I'll need to experiment with it, but you ought to be able to process input signal that way to interesting effect.

If you'd rather not use the Gate routing for any reason, then if you connect a MIDI controller with sustain control (e.g. sustain pedal plugged in to it) and activate that while playing a note, that will keep the signal coming thru.

Otherwise, you'd need to manually retrigger the keyboard any time you wanted the envelope to reactivate, maybe with a long release setting if you don't want to lose sound in between retriggers. Even with the small form factor, there's a lot of possibilities.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 06:33:32 pm by Real Soon »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines