March 29, 2024, 10:30:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: GENERAL reliability?  (Read 3240 times)

GregNouveau

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
GENERAL reliability?
« on: October 24, 2014, 12:16:37 pm »
Hey guys!

If we took the "big knob" out of the equation, would you all say that the rest of the synth is reliable....?

..or are there other issues: firmware bugs, etc......

Is the user interface what you would call "good"..?

Cheers!

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Re: GENERAL reliability?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 12:11:13 pm »
Hi,

If you ask me, MIDI out problems in Origin Keyboard are the most critical: if you buy nearly 3000 euros product with these Midi ports, you expect these to work flawlessly. But we are still waiting for this issue to be fixed... In other words  Origin keyboard cannot used as a Midi controller. At least my unit is like this. Anyway and based to discussion with Philippe I am quite sure this is a general issue with O.Keyboard.

On the other hand Origin's UI is marvelous and synth is a modern piece of art itself! I hope it can still have future what it deserves...

Cheers,
P
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 01:12:57 pm by JacksonP »

GregNouveau

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: GENERAL reliability?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 10:37:17 am »
Hmm...

If I'm buying a £1500 keyboard, then at the very least, I would be looking to reliably send midi CC's......!? :-(

I'm just not feeling it, tbh...:-)

I mean...I use the V-collection all the time...great!

It's looking like (as a few have said), the hardware side of Arturia is in its infancy, and there are several fatal flaws.

If the Minibrute has sorted a few issues, then maybe by 2016 we MAY see an Origin2 that is a true masterpiece......?

But, for me, as it stands, the Origin is dead in  the water already, it seems..?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines