March 28, 2024, 02:12:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bug: Clock bleed thru when LFO amount is via mod wheel  (Read 2754 times)

stevoj@yahoo.com

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Bug: Clock bleed thru when LFO amount is via mod wheel
« on: October 22, 2014, 12:14:29 pm »
I've contacted Arturia regarding this problem; they have responded by asking me to return my Microbrute for repair!  I'm reluctant to do this if it's a universal problem, or a firmware issue.  So, what I need to know from other users is, does anyone else have the problem described below.  I'd also VERY MUCH like to hear from anybody who DOESN'T experience this issue.  Thanks;

I'm using the inbuilt LFO of the microbrute to modulate pitch in this example. If I'm using it sync'ed to the sequencer via MIDI from my DAW (Reaper), I'm getting some horrible glitches, but ONLY when I move the modulation wheel down from 100%! At maximum, there's no problem, and there's no problem when LFO sync is set to Free Run. (btw, I'm not running the sequencer, it's set to off, I'm just holding down a single note with 1 octave maximum shift).

Same problem applies if using the LFO to modulate other parameters, but you can hear it best when mod'ing pitch.

Same applies whether I use the MIDI port in or the USB port.

Here's a demo of the problem;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKhwHougNKQ

avantronica

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Bug: Clock bleed thru when LFO amount is via mod wheel
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 11:09:29 pm »
What gives, I already replied to this thread a while back!? What happened ...

stevoj@yahoo.com

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 12:55:20 pm »
cheers.  Looking through all your posts, I see that you say that Arturia have acknowldged this is a bug, but is it likely firmware or hardware (they're asking me to return my MB for a fix, which I'm a bit reluctant to do if it could be a firmware fix later).

avantronica

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 06:37:07 pm »
I'm getting old. Apologies, I probably replied to you (or a similar type post) on Facebook. Doh !  Anyway, I did see in a thread on here that Bruno spoke to a dev team member and they said it was a bug, therefore a known one.. I have it too, and I too would be keen to hear if it is an isolated issue to some machines, but that sounds unlikely, I suspect that many are just not bothered or do not notice. Given that there's been issues with the LFO phase for 9months it's no surprise it hasn't been addressed either. Albeit quite disappointing. There are a few bugs on the software ie digital side, I have also found an inconsistency on the envelope which is analogue : (

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines