March 29, 2024, 02:25:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problem with a key (elevated) on Keylab25. Any advice?  (Read 4270 times)

Amalgamoth

Problem with a key (elevated) on Keylab25. Any advice?
« on: October 17, 2014, 04:19:28 pm »

??? :(

I bought it late February this year and use it quite frequently. But when being careful in its use and storage I think it's a bit early for it to show such perks. Anyone got some advice?

Amalgamoth

Re: Problem with a key (elevated) on Keylab25. Any advice?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 06:22:44 pm »
No one? Am I the first Keylab25 owner to encounter this issue? No way!

supergirl36

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 10:36:36 pm »
No one? Am I the first Keylab25 owner to encounter this issue? No way!

Hello. I bought a Keylab on Amazon lately and received it two days ago. Seven or eight keys are like yours, plus the screen doesn't work. More than 48 hours after opening a ticket, and after insisting, Arturia asked me what the problem was. I'm waiting for a reply, and hope they will do something.

Really frustrating. Unbelievable this happened to you after normal use. You must be frustrated too.

Good luck.

Amalgamoth

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 12:54:08 am »
Ouch, that's pretty bad. From reading elsewhere on this forum I'm led to believe that the problem might be related to small weights beneath the keys. They're supposed to be glued in place, but unfortunately many found out that the sticky stuff isn't very strong, hence those weights are prone to fall or break off in time, sooner rather than later.
Some folks here apparently have tried a DIY solution by disassembling the unit and apply some super glue. All very fine, but while that may fix one thing, it will surely break any claims to warranty. What if a different problem occurs?

I'm curious what kind of reply you'll get. It's really pretty dumb that an otherwise very nice product is marred by something as trivial as glue!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines