March 28, 2024, 11:52:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 61 Knob Acceleration  (Read 1922 times)

Teksonik

• Apprentice
Keylab 61 Knob Acceleration
« on: October 19, 2014, 01:06:42 pm »
Hi everyone. New Keylab 61 owner here.  So far I'm pretty happy with the controller but I noticed that the Knob Acceleration parameter doesn't seem to have much effect on the Knob performance.  In other words there doesn't seem to be any difference in knob response between setting 0 and setting 10.  One would think think the difference would be large or at least well noticeable. Any advice or comment ?

Also are there any Velocity Curve charts to show the difference in curves ?  Many controllers have viewable charts that show you the velocity curves.  Thanks in advance !  :D

EDIT: Hmmmm.......it seems like the Key Velocity Curves have no difference either.  Or the difference is so subtle as to be unnoticeable......or I'm doing something wrong.  I really hope it's the latter............ :-\

EDIT 2: OK the Knob acceleration adjustment works just fine when using the Midi Control Center but not when editing from the actual keyboard. I imagine keyboard velocity will be the same..........off to try that now........... :)

It would still be nice to have a visual representation of the Velocity Curves.  Would help understand the curve difference between Exponential, S Curve, Linear etc.  As it is now it will be a matter of trial and error.............

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 02:30:19 pm by Teksonik »

Teksonik

• Apprentice
Re: Keylab 61 Knob Acceleration
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 07:23:51 pm »
Oh well it doesn't matter now. The first time I used the Pitch Bend wheel the down return to zero spring broke and now the PB wheel is useless. I should have listened to the online reviews about poor build quality.  I'm getting my Return Authorization from Musician's Friend as we speak....too bad as I was really starting to like this controller............... :'(

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines