March 29, 2024, 05:17:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minibrute filters with Ableton  (Read 2799 times)

eightnine

Minibrute filters with Ableton
« on: December 15, 2014, 10:59:02 pm »
Hi guys, I'm new in sound recording and got one question that I couldn't find answer to in the net.
I want to use microbrute's filters and maybe if it can as a controler of vsti's .. my soundcard is TC Electronics Impact Twin
How could I use not just the dafeult microbrute sound with the microbrute's filters in Ableton? Do i need to conect it to some kind of hardware or something to give it more sounds to filter?

If i use the microbrute with usb I can add different sounds to it but then I can only use its piano keys and nothing else. I need to use its filters somehow with more sounds..
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 12:12:58 pm by eightnine »

Real Soon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Minibrute filters with Ableton
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 05:17:09 am »
Keep in mind it's 95% synthesizer, 5% controller. So it's not going to do much with the USB beyond send notes and velocity.

What you'll have to do, if you want to access its filter, is get an actual sound output to run from you computer or other source to it, then run its output back to the computer. With that soundcard, you should be able to run out of, say, the Ch3 out, thru, then back in one of the inputs on the interface, and as long as you mute the monitor or can otherwise keep it from feedbacking, that should work great.

I use a Delta 1010 and run sounds out of it that I then record back to a separate track thru FX pedals and, more recently, the 'brute. You just have to remember that you have to trigger the keyboard to get the signal to go through, and that's as easy as laying something on it with the oscillator turned all the way down. There's a couple of tricks noted in other threads about other workarounds for getting the gate to stay open, too.

yusynth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Minibrute filters with Ableton
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 03:02:59 pm »
If you set the Mod Wheel switch to CutOff then you can control the cut-off from your DAW using the MIDI command for the Mod Wheel : MIDI CC : 1

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines