March 28, 2024, 06:57:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Multiple Keylab Controllers with V-Collection  (Read 1855 times)

joelhof

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Multiple Keylab Controllers with V-Collection
« on: April 13, 2016, 04:37:24 pm »
I have several Keylab 49 controllers and the V-Collection. I would like to play one controller with one instrument and another controller with a different instrument. The two controllers show up in the list of midi input devices in the separate instruments, but only the first one is playable. The software does not differentiate them as being separate selectable instruments even though they show up and the boxes can be checked or unchecked. It seems the midi device naming that the V-Collection instrument is looking for is identical for both controllers. Most DAW's have no problem differentiating between the two and can select one over the other. If I wish to use the V-Collection as stand-alone instruments with multiple controllers, it seems it should work but doesn't. Is there a name change convention in the setup of the controllers or some other setting to accommodate this?

Typical: Arturia's tech support is way too busy to answer my question. I thought it was a simple question (maybe not to the developers) but, why can't I use more than one of their devices on their own software. Hmmmmm.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 07:59:42 am by joelhof »
Dell T5500 - Dual X5670 Xeon Hex-Core Processors, 36 GB Ram, Xonar Sound Card, Utra-Wide Monitor
Windows 7, Linux Mint 18.3 - Dual Boot & VirtualBox (Yes, it does ...)
V Collection 4 & 5, Cantabile, Reaper, Ardour, asst'd VST's, huge fan of ZynAddSubFX, Hauptwerk & Arturia
Dual Arturia KeyLab 49's

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines