March 28, 2024, 01:46:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Hope this is where introductions are supposed to be  (Read 1547 times)

paistemage

Hope this is where introductions are supposed to be
« on: September 19, 2014, 08:08:46 pm »
Hello,
I will be receiving my Microbrute today int he mail after I get home from work.
I noticed it has a MIDI in.
I am honestly very new/foreign with MIDI. I want to get the most out of the hardware I have. I bought a "Mikrocontrol" by korg years ago for live key playing with VST.

I want to use that to start/stop sequence on microbrute and also use my Roland SP202 sampler and "Boss Dr. Rhythm" together to make some music.

Could anyone suggest a way to link these together? I know get some midi cables but would I need Ableton live or something to use as a master clock? I have FL Studio 9, producer edition if this can be use.

I have devoured videos for months, listened to all kinds of patches and in general obsessed over the microbrute. I am excited to say the least.
I have been a drummer for 25 years and understand music in general but not much int he way of MIDI connections and daisy chaining.

Excited to share my experience with this synth and cant wait to put it through the 300 watt keyboard amp my friend is going to sell me!

Thanks in advance.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines