March 29, 2024, 10:08:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Controlling Logic9: Solo, Mute, EQ via BeatSteps  (Read 2383 times)

Sir Hannes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Controlling Logic9: Solo, Mute, EQ via BeatSteps
« on: September 12, 2014, 10:17:51 am »
Hi all, first time that I am really really interested in a controller. I tried Akai for the pads before, Griffin for control but all of them sent back to saler or I resaled them. Now Beatsteps is in my big big focus  :D

My question is, if I can use the Beatsteps to control functions in Logic9 e.g. solo-buttons for the tracks via the pads, and the first line of knobs for frequency and the second line for gain of the Channel-EQ. I never programmed CC or anything esle, I am a beginner on configuring a controller to Logic. I don't know if the knobs will only control a EQ in one track - or for every EQ window thats active on the screen.  ???
So is this possible?

Thx!  8)

syrupcore

Re: Controlling Logic9: Solo, Mute, EQ via BeatSteps
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 12:43:12 pm »
The BeatStep isn't really designed to control Logic that way. It's possible but if you're just getting started and want something that 'Just Works'[tm] then you might consider a controller with a dedicated Logic Pro mode.

Most of the inexpensive ones will only allow you to control volume, pan, mute, solo and/or track arm (like the Korg NanoKontrol line). More money... more control.

If you have an iPad/iPhone there are good number of apps out there that will control Logic with plenty of depth (including plugins). Android might have some too but I'm not sure.

Sir Hannes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 07:56:28 pm »
Thanks for your reply!  :)
I am not a fan of big controllers e.g. Mackie Control, they're to big and I don't need 100mm faders. I am used to work on big consoles but today I just need some help to reduce my shortcut list, to improve the overview in big sessions and to get in real touch with PlugIns.
The last two points I thought the BeatSteps could do that job.

syrupcore

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 09:19:45 pm »
There are smaller ones that have a dedicated Logic mode.  Search the googles or call your favorite gear shop and tell them what you're wanting to do.

Sir Hannes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 09:31:31 am »
But the smaller ones (e.g. Faderport) are not practical enough for EQing: to have two knobs for frequency and for gain.
Thanks to your advice with the apps. I watched youtube videos about the LogicRemote app and they have the wonderful feature to create your own shortcut buttons on the iPad  :D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines