March 28, 2024, 12:25:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Good bye, MiniLab!  (Read 2697 times)

berto1954

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Good bye, MiniLab!
« on: August 29, 2014, 05:43:04 pm »
I've had my MiniLab for more than a year now, and the longer I have it, the worse it gets. I've used it with Logic 9 on a MacBook Pro (OS 10.9)The knobs NEVER worked on anything other than the stand-alone Analog Lab software. They were totally useless in Logic.  But at least the keyboard worked OK--for a while. Now I get stuck notes constantly (sometimes the very first note I play sticks).   I have hooked up other controllers to my computer and I didn't have this problem; only with the MiniLab. Installing the latest firmware had no effect whatsoever--the thing still doesn't work properly. It  is now just taking up space in my studio, so today I will be going to the music store to find a different keyboard controller and the MiniLab will be relegated to the same dark, dusty corner of my basement as my M-Audio Axiom keyboard that stopped working about a week after the warranty expired.

I have always liked Arturia's software instruments and I will continue to use them extensively in my music, but based on my experience with the MiniLab, I don't think I'll be acquiring any of their hardware any time in the future.

I don't make a lot of money, so something that I spent $100 on being relegated to the junk pile is a bit much to take. In any case,  good bye, MiniLab. Next stop: the Goodwill donation center.

Oldsynthguy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Good bye, MiniLab!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 08:39:48 pm »
You can send it to me if you want and I'll plug it in to an old iPhone or something. It works fine for me.

BUT, and here's my big but on the whole MiniLab won't work problem. I discovered by trial and error that MiniLab MUST be told to use one of its presets before you can use it. You can't just turn it on and start twisting the night away. Hit Shift and pick a pad. THEN start using it. Watch your MIDI filters on a track basis, use pass thru or reassign the inbound MIDI channel to one that will work track specifically. If a device is capable of sending MIDI messages, I don't care if it's a MiniLab or an Axiom or an old Trigger Finger, as long as those messages are exiting the device, the problem is downstream either at the DAW or the user. MIDI control device spit out a stream of data. They are only cooked "wrong" when they don't perform that function. Look at the data. If it's there, the problem is not the device.

PatW

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 04:26:18 am »
I'm thinking of just smashing mine with a frigging sledgehammer and posting it on youtube. There is no support from this shitty company. It is quirky. and bogus. shit, or merde, as its a frog company. they suck period.

Dav1d

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 09:13:58 am »
berto1954: mmm if there is incompatibilities in logic, have you checked this article:
==> http://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/the-plug-in-does-not-appear-in-logic-pro
More infos:
==> http://www.arturia.com/search?searchphrase=all&searchword=logic

PatW: what exactly is your issue, I cannot see any related tickets linked to your email address?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines