March 28, 2024, 03:31:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MicrobruteConnection Software - Firmware restoration  (Read 2823 times)

GGTH

MicrobruteConnection Software - Firmware restoration
« on: August 27, 2014, 01:28:29 am »
Hi

I just wanted to install the MicrobruteConnectionSoftware to be able to run the sequencer just by switching the play mode and not by holding a key but I've got problems with firmware restoration.
I followed all the instructions contained in the "TECHNOTE" file( contained in the zipped folder I've downloaded from Arturia website) but as i click to "UPDATE FIRMWARE" button it appears a window telling me "MicrobruteConnection.exe has stopped working".
I've tried twice or more but I've not solved it, i really don't know what to do.

Hope the post it's understandable ( I'm italian and I don't use to write in English :) )

Thanks

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
Re: MicrobruteConnection Software - Firmware restoration
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 02:10:21 pm »
If you just want to upload the new firmware on a functional machine, you don't need to follow the technote, only using "update firmware" should be enough.

about the the stoppped working thing, on what OS are you running the application? which version?
Did you unzip the downloaded file before running the app?
Are you you don't have any other application using MIDI at the same time?
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

raffaele alfieri

Re: Microbrute as midi controller
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 01:17:47 am »
New to synth so appreciate if someone can answer this:

I wanted to play the Volca Keys using the Microbrute as a Midi keyboard but no luck!
Is that possible?
I have selected the midi channel on both but nothing happens..

What is the Midi for? Can I use to sync to other instrument's then?

Bacon

Re: MicrobruteConnection Software - Firmware restoration
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 07:44:47 am »
The 5-pin DIN MIDI port on the Microbrute is MIDI in only, that is, it is only for receiving MIDI data from other devices (for example, to play the Microbrute from a larger MIDI keyboard). The USB port both sends and receives MIDI, but to use it you'll have to connect it to a computer, and then connect the Volca Keys to a MIDI interface connected to the computer.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines