March 29, 2024, 02:25:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Feature Requests to improve performing with patterns  (Read 1844 times)

pmwm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Feature Requests to improve performing with patterns
« on: August 22, 2014, 01:52:49 pm »
I would like to be able to put the BS constantly in RECALL mode so I can change the sequence with a quick finger tip while tweaking the knobs. Could be done like this:
double click RECALL puts BS in constant recall mode; red light is ON.
any single tip on a pad changes the sequence (according to pattern change mode - see next topic).
one click on RECALL deactivates the mode, red light goes OFF.

immediate change of patterns: Ableton Live calls it Legato mode of clips. this could be a global parameter to be set in the MIDI Control Center.
Legato ON: pattern jumps to the next step of the new pattern immediately when selected (within quantisation) instead of at the end of the current pattern.
Legato OFF: like now.
using the SHIFT button this behavior could be inverted while performing.
so if i play a pattern and want to jump around to create variations i hold SHIFT to temporarily use Legato ON mode.
if i use legato ON for constant jumping around i can use SHIFT to still change to the beginning of another pattern and stay in sync.

pmwm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Feature Requests to improve performing with patterns
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 05:23:05 pm »
some ideas about chaining patterns I forgot to mention:
when in CONSTANT RECALL mode:

hit Pad1 plays 1, 1, 1...
hit and hold P1, then hit and hold P2, then hit and hold P3 plays: 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3,...
hit and hold P16, then hit and hold P3, then hit and hold P7: 16, 3, 7, 16, 3, 7...
and so forth...
hit any pad will change to this pad at the end of the current pattern.
at first thought it seems this can only work in Legato OFF mode but maybe there can be a smart solution for this.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines