March 28, 2024, 02:33:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minibrute SE Synced with Microbrute... problems!  (Read 10560 times)

theMadSciencePr0gect

Minibrute SE Synced with Microbrute... problems!
« on: August 16, 2014, 08:15:34 pm »
Greetings,

I own a Microbrute which I love... I bought the Minibrute SE because of the sequencer. I've been having fun syncing my Microbrute with my Volca Beats.. The problem I'm having is I can't seem to sync the minibrute se in the same way.. I realize this is similar to some other problem people are having. I can't cv sync it or midi sync it. I honestly never thought I'd have such a headache syncing two instruments of the same make.. This is so disappointing. The microbrute will do things it's more expensive big brother will not do! It's so goin back in less than 30 days if I can't make it work.. Too bad, it sure looks pretty on the table. 

theMadSciencePr0gect

Re: Minibrute SE Synced with Microbrute... problems!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 08:27:40 pm »
I also just noticed in the software apps for each, the minibrute's software lacks an option the microbrute has.. This is the clock or gate setting. If left on clock, the microbrute will do exactly what the minibrute does when synced to volca beats... A note is constantly played to each pulse regardless if sequencing is on or off. When changed to gate, it works.

Maybe if the Minibrute software had this gate or clock option in the sequencer settings, it might work? Come on Arturia!! Software update! Please give me a reason to keep this beautiful instrument!

TonyBon

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 10:05:56 pm »
Greetings,

I own a Microbrute which I love... I bought the Minibrute SE because of the sequencer. I've been having fun syncing my Microbrute with my Volca Beats.. The problem I'm having is I can't seem to sync the minibrute se in the same way.. I realize this is similar to some other problem people are having. I can't cv sync it or midi sync it. I honestly never thought I'd have such a headache syncing two instruments of the same make.. This is so disappointing. The microbrute will do things it's more expensive big brother will not do! It's so goin back in less than 30 days if I can't make it work.. Too bad, it sure looks pretty on the table.

Well reading your post it seems I have a similar problem to you but I think in my case it's the old hardware I'm using with my Minibrute SE... yes I bought for the sequencer also and its just great anyhew but your post worries me, I have a simple Boss DR-55 as my only drum source at the moment and I saw a video with one and the normal MiniBrute and the arp was in time etc and I thought great this'll work with my SE version, but it just fires a single note off in every step or using accent I can turn the notes on & off via the Boss, the DR-55 which is the master clock and it does it's job but the sequence of notes I have stored will not sync in time with it, tried everything I could think off, I was hoping to get a newer drum device sooner or later, so good luck to you, I was half expecting the same as you really... but hey ho, my Boss might not be up to task.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 10:10:34 pm by TonyBon »

k.rad

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 01:17:57 pm »
I too got my microbrute synced to a volca beats / monotribe via the CV LFO out (and Squarewave pattern, LFO synced to Sequencer), without any problems.

Then i bought the Minibrute SE, sold the microbrute and realized, that there is no CV-LFO-out on the MB SE.

So... i did a little circuitbending, soldering my own LFO-squarewave-out on the Minibrute SE (Hint by Leaf Cutter John called "megabrute") and its working very well...  you even can use the SqW-LFO-out without Switching the Poti to Squarewave which means you can still use another waveform for soundtweaking.

stingray

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 10:04:37 am »
 :-\

I have a microbrute that the step sequencer is stepping upon gate in, but my MiniBrute SE is not behaving the same way.  When will this be fixed? This thread is OLD.

Arturia, you realize you are advertising the MiniBrute SE as having the same sequencer as the microbrute, right?

Thanks in advance, waiting patiently.

stingray

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 08:08:27 pm »
bump

stingray

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 09:52:37 pm »
When will the fixed firmware be available?

StackerLee9

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 05:13:08 pm »
I hit the same brick wall! Glad to know it's not just me. I must admit that I'm concerned that this is a known Minibrute SE issue that can be addressed w/ a simple firmware update and is still outstanding. Hope they haven't bitten off more than they can chew by mass producing analog units

Have you found a work-around (other than using MIDI gear)?

...mlm

stingray

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 07:17:11 am »
I hit the same brick wall! Glad to know it's not just me. I must admit that I'm concerned that this is a known Minibrute SE issue that can be addressed w/ a simple firmware update and is still outstanding. Hope they haven't bitten off more than they can chew by mass producing analog units

Have you found a work-around (other than using MIDI gear)?

...mlm

Yeah, an answer either way would be great.  Maybe they don't read this forum? Or are only French speaking?  I am going to send in a ticket tomorrow to see if I can get some help.

harrisp

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 02:58:48 pm »
has anyone had any luck by contacting Arturia support? I borrowed a microbrute off a friend a while ago and loved syncing the volca beats, keys and brute together. I bought the minibrute se expecting I could do the same thing...

Synthesizer Patel

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 03:16:32 am »
I found a workaround. Instead of plugging into the vca in gate from your source to the MBSE, plug the incoming cv into the amp jack. It now syncs beautifully with my Akai Tom Cat. I also have a Korg SQ-1and I use the SQ-1 cv out to modulate pitch om the MBSE.. Hope this helps someone!
DSI Poly Evolver
Arturia Keystep
Dave Smith Prophet 12
Moog Sub 37 Tribute
Arturia Minibrute SE
Sherman Filterbank 2
Novation Circuit
Korg SQ-1
Arturia BeatStep Pro
Akai Tom Cat
Roland keyboard amplifier
And much more- I am actually a guitarist for 35 years but the synth bug bit me a few years ago!

Synthesizer Patel

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 03:27:24 am »
PS - do not come off of the cv gate from your source. Just use a simple vca out. Much better.
DSI Poly Evolver
Arturia Keystep
Dave Smith Prophet 12
Moog Sub 37 Tribute
Arturia Minibrute SE
Sherman Filterbank 2
Novation Circuit
Korg SQ-1
Arturia BeatStep Pro
Akai Tom Cat
Roland keyboard amplifier
And much more- I am actually a guitarist for 35 years but the synth bug bit me a few years ago!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines