March 28, 2024, 10:57:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minibrute CV Control and a Purchase dilemma  (Read 3175 times)

springverb

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Minibrute CV Control and a Purchase dilemma
« on: August 08, 2014, 01:17:50 pm »
Greetings !
New to the board. I am looking to buy the Minibrute in a few weeks and have a few questions.

First of all I will use the synth with my Mac most of the times. Should i go with the Arp or SE Edition of Minibrute? I am not too sure which one to choose. I assume the standard synth will function as SE (the step sequencer part) if i create a pattern in Logic and play ? There is no other difference right?

Secondly, can i use Expert Sleepers CV plugin or MOTU volta to control the synth? Or with the Numerology? (I have an Avid  Mbox 3 Pro interface with PT 11 and Logic/DP8).

- Nishant

nolongerhuman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Minibrute CV Control and a Purchase dilemma
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 08:15:10 am »
The two models are the same apart from the regular minibrute having the arp, and the SE having the sequencer.

You will be able to sequence either via USB or MIDI into your DAW of choice. You will also be able to control either via Silent Way, though, depending on how much CV you plan to use, and how often you plan to play the synth, you might actually choose the Microbrute, as it has more options for input/output via CV. For what it's worth, I have now owned all three, using Silent Way, Ableton Live, an Expert Sleepers ES-3mk3, and a eurorack synth. Of all three I highly prefer the Microbrute, for everything but the Minikeys. Since Arturia seems unwilling to make a Brute with the features of all three and I don't have the deskspace for all three, the Microbrute is the most versatile in my opinion for my studio.

Hope that helps.

springverb

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 08:41:48 am »
thank you !

the reason i am more inclined towards the Minibrute is because of the white noise but i will eventually end up buying both

springverb

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 05:59:33 am »
So i bought both Mini SE and the Microbrute and loving the sound ;D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines