March 19, 2024, 07:21:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab VST crashes regularly and unpredictably  (Read 2762 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Analog Lab VST crashes regularly and unpredictably
« on: July 29, 2014, 06:59:33 am »
I'm really enjoying my recent purchase of the MiniLab. The sounds in Analog Lab are awesome and will take me QUITE awhile to go through. Many of them are quite inspiring.
However, the standalone is only so useful. I really want to be using this as a VST. Sadly, the VST crashes regularly and unpredictably in all the hosts I've used it in.
These hosts are: VSTHost, Reaper, TobyBear Minihost, and Cantabile Lite
Sometimes when it crashes, it starts making this LOUD and deep buzzing noise. Other times it simply stops making sound altogether. Usually, deleting the instance of Analog Lab VST and re-adding works, but sometimes I also have to close the host program and re-start it.
As you can imagine, this is annoying and gets tiresome.

Other than that, as I said, I'm quite enjoying my purchase. It's a great value!!

System:
MiniLab (Just purchases about 1.5 weeks ago, so everything is up to date)
Dell Optiplex GX620
Win 7 Professional 32-bit
Pentium D dual 3.4GHz
3 gigs RAM
on-board audio Soundmax Integrated Digital Audio
ASIO4ALL
NVidia GTX560 Ti w/1 gig VRAM
all drivers and system are up to date
This space left intentionally blank.

Jerome Arturia

• Administrator
Re: Analog Lab VST crashes regularly and unpredictably
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 03:31:50 pm »
Hi artao,

First of all, please note that we do not ensure the compatibility of our soft with VSTHost, TobyBear Minihost or Cantabile Lite.

Could you let me know which version of Reaper are you running? Does the the buzzing noise issue happens on this DAW?
Can you let me know which version of Analog Lab are you running (launch the app, click on the 'Pref' tab)?

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 01:07:00 pm »
Hi Jerome

My version of Reaper is 4.62. My version of Analog Lab is 1.1.0 build 1152
I'll have to get back to you about whether it does the buzzing thin in Reaper. I don't recall right now. A lot of times, when simply exploring sounds, I'll just run it in VSTHost.

Thanks!
Vaughn

PS -- Because I liked the sounds in Analog Lab SO much, I just bought Modular V too -- due to your sale. Great stuff!! Thank you =D

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 03:49:24 pm »
Sorry it's taken awhile to get back to you on this. Been working on some other stuff, as well as exploring the Modular V. Great stuff!!
Anyhow, yesterday I spent a couple hours exploring Analog Lab VST inside Reaper. .. I'm happy to say that it never crashed on me. However, this doesn't mean the problem has simply disappeared. As I said, this is a sporadic issue, and I don't notice any specific things that lead to it happening. It's just that, sometimes (not yesterday apparently tho) Analog Lab simply stop making any sound, and I have to delete that instance and open a new one.
I've read of other people having this problem too, in various DAWs, so I know it's not just me.
Sorry I can't be more helpful here, but as I said -- this is a sporadic issue.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines