March 28, 2024, 04:05:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Building the perfect beast.  (Read 1925 times)

ScottyGlasel

Building the perfect beast.
« on: July 28, 2014, 03:10:01 am »
Let me start by saying that I own the "V" collection and I use it frequently.
Still I would love to be able to string together whatever modules to get the desired effect or tone that I'm looking for.
I learned to program on a Mg system 55. My 1st synth was an ARP 2600. There was a 2600 at my school and I often cross patched them also ran my friends Quadra through the 2600 to great effect.
What I'm getting at is, I would love to be able to patch between module applications. Build custom beasts within Modular "V". We should be able to recreate the Keith Emerson Mg if we want of create the Walter Carlos System 15 or whatever it was the Tomita had. All of the synth applications should be able to cross patch and need Audio inputs and a bussing structure.

ScottyGlasel

Re: Building the perfect beast.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 06:03:47 am »
Imagine a toolbox with all the toys that you love. Oscillators, Voltage Control Filters, Envelope generators, Voltage Controlled Amplifiers, Various types of LFO’s Arpeggiator’s, and Sequencers.
All of these can pass audio from busses from PT, Logic, Reason and other DAWs.
This would be the starting place.

Ian Lawson

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 09:08:34 am »
So does this mean there's no way to join up mini-V with another V-synth or Spark Vintage and let them feed off each other?  I thought that is what one could do with the V-collection, and surely there must be a way. An Arturia moderator has suggested I download a Spark 1 midi controller to get it going with a v-synth.  Using Beatstep to control one v-Synth, playing another on iPad, and syncing them all with Spark?  That is my ambition, soon as time can be found to figure all that out.

Ian Lawson

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 09:35:03 am »
Just found the answer!  Listen to what Soundgoddess posted on this forum on Sept 19!  These instruments will work together -- it's up to us to make it happen!  I'm sure someone can find a way to run the Modular V through the Mini V, and vice-versa.  We have the technology -- it's just a matter of time and patience!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines