March 29, 2024, 11:16:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Accessory Unavailable  (Read 2020 times)

shreeswifty

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Accessory Unavailable
« on: July 06, 2014, 01:59:07 am »
For some reason my Ipad is saying that beatstep is Accessory Unavailable - the Device uses too much power when plugged into two different ipads [same error] with the USB to Lightning Adapter from Apple using the Arturia supplied Mini Usb Cable. It was working fine connected to the ipad for power and running midi to my Mopho and a Waldorf Blofeld and Gate/Pitch stepping a Mg Minitaur. I was enjoying running AniMg with it as well, now when i press the Red CTRL button the error message appears

Can this be remedied by a firmware update? Surely i will not be the only one to eventually experience this issue. i Tried the latest firmaware, updated the ipad to the latest IOS update, i even rolled back to the previous firmware all with the same issue.

Anyone else experiencing this?

shreeswifty

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Accessory Unavailable
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 05:03:48 pm »
yeah the ipad no longer can power the BEATSTEP, i am not sure if it's defective now or what but i have to plug it into a USB to power adapter to power it. When i plug it in it does the runningthrough the lights and now immediately says ACCESSORY UNAVAILBLE, the device requires to much power. I wonder if this can be remedied with yet another new firmware update? Can such a thing as voltage be handled with an update like that?

shreeswifty

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Accessory Unavailable
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 08:47:22 pm »
I guess no one is going to address my issue at Arturia. I am sure they are very busy but i woud appreciate a "Yeah, it sounds defective" or "No, we are pushing a new firmware update" ANYTHING.
I like Arturia's software and hardware and recommend it often, this is disappointing. I guess i am being a little selfish but i have an Exhibition opening on Friday night and glad i did not wait around for a reply.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines