March 28, 2024, 10:09:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark2, Beatstep and Pad Mode?  (Read 3620 times)

NoelEiffe

Spark2, Beatstep and Pad Mode?
« on: June 21, 2014, 11:28:04 pm »
This sounds to me like the dumbest of dumb questions, but I can't figure it out. When I connect use the Beatstep with standalone Spark2, and setting the "Ext Sync" mode in the editor and on the device, e.g., toggling to pad mode from sequencer mode doesn't trigger the pads in any mode that I can determine. Sequencing works pretty much as expected, but switch the Beatstep to pad mode and nothing happens.

So, well, at the risk of sounding like an idiot...what am I missing?

Thanks, Noel :-X

mcx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark2, Beatstep and Pad Mode?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 03:45:31 pm »
i dont think your missing anything as a long time ago i asked arturia can i use the beatstep with spark there response was yes but you lose some functions (they didnt specify what functions) all i wanted to do was have the beatstep as the 16 pads it seems like they were made for each other but they seem to ignore there own products as the beatsstep will probably work perfectly well with other drum pads but not there own now i did ask this before the beatstep was released so maybe things are different now hopefully someone from arturia can give you an updated answer

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 09:39:36 pm »
HI guys .This one is easy ,just midi learn your sparkle/spark on each pad the just press the pad you want to assign on beastep .see attachment .

regards

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

NoelEiffe

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 02:46:29 am »
That works, thanks Terry. For those trying to the same thing, the Midi Learn requires a Command-Click on the pad, then a click on the "Learn" button...works great once done.

(Still a bit baffling though why the Beatstep isn't preset to do this in Spark2...)

Thanks, Noel

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 10:55:39 am »
you could setup a template in beatstep so the pads are on the same midi notes as spark.

cheers

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments

mcx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 01:48:10 pm »
terry if i got  a beatstep would it be possible for me to just assign the beatstep pads to be 1-16 of the spark pads and then just use the rest of the spark as it is normally ?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 05:25:00 pm »
HI mcx ,yes you can.

regards

Terrym
TerryM

Skepparkranz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 01:59:24 am »
It's possible to Midi Learn the instrument parameters, but is it possible to to make the beatstep to be assigned to the specific pad/instrument highlighted in Spark.?

hope anyone get what i mean... :-)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines