April 18, 2024, 07:50:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CV/Gate out of sync  (Read 1758 times)

Czeupinski

CV/Gate out of sync
« on: June 21, 2014, 05:45:30 pm »
Hi Folks.

First, I wondered why my synth (MFB Kraftzwerg) is out of sync with the Midi Time Code at the BeatSteps's Midi output. No matter if BeatStep is Sync master or slave - the CV/Gate signal has a delay of approximately the step size! This means, if BeatSteps step size of the sequencer is i.e. set to 1/16, the CV/Gate comes a 16th note later than the the rest. This means that it can't be a problem of my synth but has to be a systematical error of my BeatStep.

I tried an obvious workaround: Programming the sequence with an equal pre-delay. And wow! It works!

But is it cool to have the 1st step of a sequence on pad and knob 16?

And now I noticed, that it only works when Gate Time in the MIDI Control Center is set to 99 (max). Otherwise the delay is shorter but never zero. Should that parameter have effect on the initial gate time? I don't think so...

And also when I change the patch the synth gets out of sync again. To get back to sync you have to "sync" the MIDI Control Center with BeatStep. No use.

Any solutions?

Otherwise I will have to give back the device tomorrow. It is too unprofessional this way and I think I won't wait for a firmware update.

Cheers

Cz
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 01:01:20 am by Czeupinski »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines