March 28, 2024, 09:32:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Changing the actual value of pads and knobs via MIDI input  (Read 1926 times)

rukano

Changing the actual value of pads and knobs via MIDI input
« on: June 17, 2014, 06:11:55 pm »
Hi there. I'm new here and new to Arturia products. I looked on the forums for an answer to my problem, but couldn't find something directly related. So my main reason why I bought the BeatStep was to be able to send MIDI cc from my software (custom made, no DAWs) and I get to do this easyly. I send a note on, and the LED of the pad lights red (yey!). So, when I press the pad again it should send me a note off message, but no, it sends yet again a note on. So, the state of the pad is totally decoupled from the actual value that it has. Of coure I know this could be a feature, but is there a mode where I can set a note on, or a cc to a certain value, and when I use that knob or pad, that it does what I 'expect'? I would like to send values to all my 16 knobs (and 16 pads too) which I will load from my presets on my software, but this is not possible at the moment.

I would be very thankful if someone points me in the right direction to do this, since I used to do that a lot with my BCR2000 but obviously the quality of the hardware is not the same (it used to crash a lot on stage and felt really cheap), but at least it had that functionality.

The other issue would be the knob speed, but I think that was already mentioned in other threads... but it's really unusable live with the actual setup...  :( I'm looking forward to replace my LPD8 and nanokontrol with the BeatStep and my virtual pages, but if it's not possible to use it that way, I'm afraid I will have to give it back..  :(

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 06:17:02 pm by rukano »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines