April 24, 2024, 09:40:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark 2 MIDI automation  (Read 1925 times)

emmern

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Spark 2 MIDI automation
« on: June 05, 2014, 11:32:03 am »
Hi, I wonder why some of the automation parameters are not transferred to MIDI when I drag over the MIDI from Spark 2?
When playing back the MIDI dragged from Spark 2, it sounds different, like some of the params are missing.

Does anyone else have this issue? I am unsure how to use Spark 2 in a song, whether I should trigger patterns from DAW, or if I should use MIDI "renders".

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Spark 2 MIDI automation
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 05:50:37 pm »
Hi as far as i am aware when you import from the sequencer the automation is not imported ,so the best way to use the pattens on spark is to set up mini notes on each pattern you want to use to make your track/song.

regards

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

emmern

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 02:08:28 pm »
Thanks!

Thing is that to even add a crash hit, I need to duplicate the whole pattern like a normal drum machine. That is fine for live use, but I would really like the midi to contain everything...
I could possibly work in song / pattern mode when I create new beats and then grab the midi...

It DOES produce velocity changes in the MIDI file, so that's fine. So I wonder what it manages to get in the MIDI file, and what it does not manage to get there....

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 09:50:31 am »
If you MIDI assign a CC (on the main panel cmd (MAC OS X) or Ctrl (Windows) + click on the knob)  to the automated parameter it will be rendered in the MIDI file.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines