March 19, 2024, 06:17:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Saving Presets  (Read 10956 times)

CarvinAbuser

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Saving Presets
« on: May 18, 2014, 11:25:59 pm »
Hello friends at Arturia,

I'm sort of confused about saving Jupiter presets.  I don't understand how the patches and programs work.  In other Arturia synths, I usually just modify a preset, then add it to a sub-bank.  I'd like to know how to do this with Jupiter.  Any other clarification would be appreciated.

LBH

Re: Saving Presets
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 08:00:25 pm »
It's possible to make a new project (BANK) in the dialog window that occoues when you save as.

Maybe you have found out. But FWIW.

Is this forum dead? No replies for anything? I wonder.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 04:50:43 pm »
Does anyone here have any experience saving presets on a TC electronics G-Force with a Disaster Area DMC 8 footcontrol
ler?

Might wanna post that on the TC Electronics forum, not necessarily applicable here.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Lauragrorn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Saving Presets
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 10:47:14 am »
Im having trouble saving the name of a preset i have made from scratch - in the save dialog i cant seem to edit either the long name or the short 3 character name that should be on the unit.

is there something im doing wrong?

I also have saved a couple of the factory presets over to the "p" bank so i can quickly swap between the two - i was hoping to edit the name of these presets as well - to something i can remember more easily, and am having the same issue - when i click on the text box it never gives me a cursor so that i can write anything..

Hope that makes sense.

Using mac with lion  latest firmware and software...

___
NEW XRumer 12.0.19: revolutional method in SEO and SMM

LBH

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 05:01:20 pm »
You can not overwrite factory presets. In that case use "Save as".

The number of characters you can use in a name is limited, and the names must not use space and certain speciel characters. You can use letters, numbers and for example underscore for space.
Things can go wrong if names are too long. Also if you use characters you are not allowed to use in the names.

You don't need to use the 3 characters for a designer name in the preset name. That's competely up to you. But you should be able to change the name.

I don't understand what you write about "p" bank. I guess it's a created bank that have been giving the name "p".

I recommend to read the manual about this. Also about export and import.
You can find the manual here: https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals
Be aware you get the V2 manual and not the V3 manual. It's under Jup-3 - version 2.7.0.76 manual.

Hope this helps. Otherwise please explain more detailed about what you do and write, when you try to save a sound.

EDIT: I also wonder why you don't get any cursor when you click in the text box. You should. Perhaps you need to re-install the application, and if that don't work, then perhaps contact Arturia support. Or perhaps try to  explain further here.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 08:47:39 pm by LBH »

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 07:33:15 pm »
You may be using a naming convention that is causing you confusion.

If I use any factory presets untouched, I just mark them as "favorites".

If I tweak any factory preset, or create a preset from scratch, I apply a unique naming convention beginning with my band name, then a small description, followed by a number, ie; 001 through 010.  This gives me multiple version possibilities that I may use for a preset that shares similar, yet subtle differences with other presets in the same descriptive category.  For example, I have quite a few "Taurus Bass Pedal" styled presets, numbered 001-010.

From there, all of my working presets are easily found in any of the many V-Collection apps under "User" and "Favorite", which is especially helpful when scrolling through the thousands of presets in Analog Lab 2. 
This is especially helpful when creating a "Multi" in AL-2 using a preset right in the numeric middle of one of these naming conventions, ie;
"WÖR Party_Taurus Bass Pedal 003" zoned C1-C3, with "WÖR Party_OBX Mono Lead 006" zoned D3-A4.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 07:51:55 pm by TonyFlyingSquirrel »
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines