March 29, 2024, 12:40:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Triangle wave always "metalized"  (Read 2226 times)

moritzklein

Triangle wave always "metalized"
« on: May 15, 2014, 12:07:57 pm »
Hey there,
I've got a rather strange problem with my Microbrute. It worked fine when I got it, but after playing around with it for a while and routing the LFO to the metalizer, the triangle wave seems to have been permanently altered. Now, when I set a very basic patch with just the triangle wave, no metalizer, filter wide open, no resonance, no brute factor, no LFO amount, VCA set to gate, no envelope amount, nothing patched in the mod matrix, it still sounds like the metalizer is turned up a bit. It doesn't change if I shut it down, unplug it and start it up again.
Also, there's a lot of noise, especially on higher notes, that isn't there if I use the square or sawtooth.

Is this a known problem? Is there some way to fix it, or do I have to return it to get a new one?

deimortem

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Triangle wave always "metalized"
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 10:44:30 am »
Hi,

It seems u didn't get an answer but did you find a solution ?

I have the same problem... with my sin wave ...

The metalizer pots started to had weird behavior (when turning the knob the sound was heavier sometimes)
but since yesterday it seems the metalizer is always applied to my sin wave even if it s set to 0%.

It seems he start at it s maximum (100%) when turned to 0%  and when turning up, it s adding more metalize effect on the wave.

I lost my sin wave !!!!!!

I put here an wav of my sinu wave ... and what it should be from a youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAk3gqT0vkg

Thx for reply or admin answer

(IU started an issue with arturia, I ll post here the solution)

Regards

Geoffroy
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 10:50:12 am by deimortem »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines