April 16, 2024, 06:05:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Easy Way to Switch Between Ableton Control Surface Mode and Analog Lab Mode?  (Read 2017 times)

Xebulon

I followed the instructions on your Minilab start page and everything is working well (great job BTW, it looks like people were having a lot of issues and you stepped up to address them)

The only problem I'm having is that when I have the Minilab in "Control Surface" mode in Ableton (where it automaps to Ableton devices and transport controls), then I open the Analog Lab VST within Ableton, the knobs don't map correctly to the Analog Lab preset knobs. I've tried switching from absolute to relative mode and this does nothing.

The only thing I can do to fix this is go into Ableton preferences and disable it as a control surface. Then Analog Lab works well with the Minilab. But if I want to go back to controlling Ableton I have to go into preferences again and re-enable the control surface.

Is there a quicker way to do this, or is this the only way? Its kind of clunky.

Also, is the purchase of an E-License USB key (http://www.arturia.com/evolution/store/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=74) required to use Analog Lab on multiple computers? Could I load my own USB drive with your license software and use that instead? I feel kind of ripped off if I have to pay an extra $22 just to use the software I already paid for on my desktop and laptop, especially when most small USB drives cost less than $10.

Thanks,
Jacob

Thunderkyss

I just got mine yesterday, haven't really had a lot of time to mess with it, but I had the same question. Since no one has answered you're & you asked over a month ago, I'm just going to throw this out there as this is what I'm going to do until I figure out something better.

When you plug in the minilab, it defaults to the Analog lab default. I'm going to save that as preset 1. That will only leave seven more slots, but I think it'll be worth it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines