May 25, 2015, 03:38:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark Improvements!  (Read 18995 times)

HubyBlake

• Apprentice
Re: Spark Improvements!
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2015, 02:39:23 am »
Ok, my URGENT improvement requests:

1- A PROJECT IMPORT/ EXPORT FEATURE (not only bank-preset)

Yeah an "export song" (as wav) option would be awesome.

artao

• Apprentice
« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2015, 12:16:29 am »
- !!! CPU USAGE !!!
- shift patterns (full pattern and single/multi-instrument level) by step, note, or bar
- copy paste individual instruments between patterns (single and multi-selected)
- copy pattern from one instrument to another, within the same pattern
- delete individual instrument patterns within sequencer page (single and multi-selected)
- create random pattern (all instruments or selected-only)
- randomize automation parameters
- basic pattern fill-ins -- such as every 1st beat, every 1/8th beat, triplets every 1/2 bar, etc
- audition entire kits without loading them (click in the image on each instrument perhaps?)
- improve project management
- export song PLEASE!!

I am LOVING Spark so far, but it can indeed use some improvements

EDIT: thought of a couple other things
- A way to rate/favorite both kits and instruments
- Better project management on the LIbrary page. add/remove classifications, folders, etc.
- A way to add notes/info to projects
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 12:31:14 am by artao »

stuart

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2015, 03:11:31 pm »
Basic Copy and Paste features within the sequencer page.

Applying to all lane and parameter information.

For example, I want to make an 8 step pattern into a 32 step pattern keeping all info from the 8 but extending into a 32 step pattern. An easy way to copy and paste all information, including pitch, velocity, cut off, resonance etc etc.

Or I want to follow a cut off frequency with the pitch though out the pattern. Either a copy and paste option from 1 lane to another or a 'follow' option that when applied will follow automation from a currently selected value.

Thanks,

Stuart
Mac, Pro Tools
Spark CDM, Minibrute, Analog Laboratory 61, Beatstep

jsmirk

« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2015, 09:27:30 pm »
adding this from another thread
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=83333.msg118802#msg118802

In Preferences, remove the words "yes" and "no" from next to each check box.  It only adds confusion about what the action of clicking the checkbox will do.  This has always made me have to think twice when changing the values. Having only the checkbox is better UI design.

ofpi

• Apprentice
« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2015, 06:56:38 pm »
Basic drag and drop samples into the main view (to the drum pads). Please keep working on this Arturia, so much potential here and your users are loyal.

jsmirk

« Reply #155 on: May 05, 2015, 07:19:30 pm »
Basic drag and drop samples into the main view (to the drum pads). Please keep working on this Arturia, so much potential here and your users are loyal.

This is already possible, at least for me on Mac.  I drag and drop samples from a Finder window all the time.

However, drag and drop should also be implemented for the Sampler module in the Studio view.  Imagine, drag and drop samples to load up each layer... yum.  Currently, to use drag and drop in this manner, you have to select a layer, switch to Main, drop sample, back to Studio, and on and on.

ofpi

• Apprentice
« Reply #156 on: May 05, 2015, 07:22:43 pm »
Yep, this is what I mean, too many steps to do something that should be so simple.

It would be cool to have 2 or more small boxes that show up in the individual pads that you can choose as layer destinations for a sample, that way you can quickly drag and drop to layers and test different combinations! That would be crazy good.

jsmirk

« Reply #157 on: May 05, 2015, 07:36:59 pm »
Yep, this is what I mean, too many steps to do something that should be so simple.

It would be cool to have 2 or more small boxes that show up in the individual pads that you can choose as layer destinations for a sample, that way you can quickly drag and drop to layers and test different combinations! That would be crazy good.

I've put forth the idea that the Main view should stay focused on performance/groove-building (keep features for kit setup limited), and make focus the use of Studio and Mixer for setting up your kit.  I also strongly believe that the Mixer and Studio views should be combined because there is way too much overlap in functionality, and what doesn't overlap could be unified. See: http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=84144.msg119717#msg119717

Kit setup: Studio/mixer
Pattern editing: Sequencer
Performance: Main

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines