...Some of the kits I swear were mixed by someone with hard of hearing...
I totally agree.
) Herzig DNB for example.
for this Christmas I wish that SparkLE could...
- export instrument automation together with MIDI clips
- export MIDI clips respecting given SHUFFLE settings (I ended up quanitizing to swing in DAW)
- allow recording pitch automation with MIDI keyboard (e.g. when pressing key onbe octave lower than the sound, it would save pitch -12 for given step and create note with given velocity)
- allow bypassing all effects on instruments, aux busses and master bus at once
- allow using external effect (I understand this could be a problem with cross-machine compatibiltiy of exported libraries; this is just nice to have thing).
My workflow with SparkLE is following: I ended up sketching beat patterns in Spark and then exporting them to DAW. Then on some occasions, e.g. changing patterns, I like to add little drum changes here and there.
I like some kits really well, especially vintage drum machines. However, is it just my feeling, or the sounds with internal effects are a bit thin?
It does not bother that much, because one can map kits into DAW and use additional effects (I especially like vintage compressors and Valhalla reverb which can thicken sound and add depth to it). Then it sounds to me great.
Arturia, please try looking at all positive feedback in this thread and make SparkLE better. I am sure that it would attract more people to it.