March 19, 2024, 08:37:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beatstep to Volca Beats?  (Read 6031 times)

SeanHanni

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Beatstep to Volca Beats?
« on: April 30, 2014, 06:54:33 am »
So I'm very new to the whole midi controller world so bear with me here but I'm trying to use my beatstep as a pad controller for my volca beats. I connected them via midi (out of step into volca) and I can't figure out how to get the pads to trigger any of my kicks snares or anything. Is there a specific channel for this or setting I need to change in the midi control center?

bsmith

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Beatstep to Volca Beats?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 12:47:10 am »
The beats defaults to channel 10 - go into the editor and set the pad you are wanting to trigger to channel 10 (mode midi note, option gate) and then hunt around for the relevant pad notes. Kick is at C1, Snare is ad D1, etc... they're not all lined up on the volca logically but you'll find them.
It would suuuuuuure be nice to be able to do this from the device  ;) ;) ;) ;)

golden_vimana

Re: Beatstep to Volca Beats?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 10:22:05 pm »
The beats defaults to channel 10 - go into the editor and set the pad you are wanting to trigger to channel 10 (mode midi note, option gate) and then hunt around for the relevant pad notes. Kick is at C1, Snare is ad D1, etc... they're not all lined up on the volca logically but you'll find them.
It would suuuuuuure be nice to be able to do this from the device  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Question - I know you can save preset sequences on the Beat Step. Connected with MIDI, does the Volca Beats allow you to switch between saved presets via the Beat Step?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines