March 28, 2024, 01:16:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: sparkLe Power connector  (Read 1015 times)

owncactus

sparkLe Power connector
« on: April 24, 2014, 10:01:24 pm »
evening people wonder if anybody can help , i was cleaning my table were my spark was and it took a fall while still connected and the usb power lead
i plugged it back in and it was ok but really loose in the unit ...now it has stopped working .....does anybody know of any service point around southampton hampshire uk were i can take it in for someone to look at it to get it up and running again

cheers matt

Seiishu

Re: sparkLe Power connector
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 05:06:17 am »
I'm sorry I can't really help you, I live in Canada... but just wanted to assure you it's most likely nothing serious. This little thing is built like a tank, literally. The only weak point is actually that little connector... and it's not only when it comes to SparkLE. Same thing with Novation LaunchKey Mini, AKAI MPK Mini and many other little controllers that use miniUSB as their power/USB connector.

What really happened is most likely whole connector female plug got lose, probably even detached from the motherboard. All it needs is soldering. You could do it yourself too. Just make sure you use good soldering iron with nice and narrow tip, if possible with variable power control. You do not want to burn other components while trying to fix this little problem. Soldering iron like this for example: http://www.amazon.com/Weller-WLC100-Soldering-Hobbyist--Yourselfer/dp/B000AS28UC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298673909&sr=8-1 would do a good job.

If Arturia guys could recommend some service, that would be even better. I was just suggesting you carefully try to open your SparkLE and at least see what's going on around the mini USB plug. I am almost 100% positive it got detached from the motherboard. All it would need is gentle touch of soldering iron to put it back as it was before.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines