March 28, 2024, 10:50:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 6 Keys Not Working On New KeyLab 49  (Read 2307 times)

jeffscottbrown

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
6 Keys Not Working On New KeyLab 49
« on: April 20, 2014, 06:00:04 pm »
I bought a KeyLab 49 yesterday new from Guitar Center.  There are six keys which are not working.  I recorded a brief 1 minute video which demonstrates what I am seeing.  I am attaching that video.

I think it is interesting that the misbehaving keys come in pairs that are 2 octaves apart.  For example, a G does not work, the G above it does work and the G above that one does not.  There are 3 pairs like that (demonstrated in the video).

Is this a known issue and/or has anyone else ever seen this?

Thanks for any advice.

JSB

jeffscottbrown

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: 6 Keys Not Working On New KeyLab 49
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 06:01:04 pm »
The attachment failed.  It looks like my file is just barely over the allowed limit.  See http://jeffathome.s3.amazonaws.com/keylab_key_problem.mov.

jeffscottbrown

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 11:35:15 pm »
I went by Guitar Center today and they quickly turned the thing around and gave me a new unit.

jazzy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 06:22:43 pm »
I just got mine couple days back (November 2014).  Having the exact same issue.  6 keys are not sending any midi message and  for each pair the key is 2 octave apart.  I fiddled around and re-setup the midi port and I got it to work but then at some point it went bad again.  I'm having other issues too.  I have never had a new unit that's so problematic, so looks like I have to say goodbye to Arturia, unless tech support can chime in.  But like they said 'don't count on the French'. lol

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines