March 28, 2024, 09:09:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Akai MPC 2000XL Kit  (Read 5590 times)

Monsta

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Akai MPC 2000XL Kit
« on: April 17, 2014, 06:17:59 am »
Akai MPC 2000XL - Dry kit
All the drum hits were taken from the original Akai disks
I sequenced 20 Patterns Over Bank A and B
all strung together in songmode for a quick demo
Everything you hear in the audio clip is included in the kit
Bounced out of Spark into logic no other fiddling was involved  :)
Audio clip and Dropbox download link are here:
http://lung-thumpa-audio.tumblr.com/spark-kits
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 02:57:51 am by Monsta »

Seiishu

Re: Akai MPC 2000XL Kit
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 03:30:40 pm »
I'll be first to thank you! Your work is amazing and greatly appreciated.
Keep up the good work!

Monsta

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 03:47:23 pm »
Thankyou...Lots more to come  :)

Seiishu

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 04:18:27 pm »
Many people experiment with these beautiful controllers and that's of course good for everybody. Especially these little guys are quite affordable nowadays... But not many radiate/glow with pure talent like you my friend. I can tell you're putting a lot of time, effort and love in what you do... And those three things are why your tunes sound amazing. Thank you for making these kits publicly available. Again, wonderful work and I hope you're gonna stick around.

I have one question regarding specific type of music that I like so much... Couldn't figure out where to squeeze that sound, what that type is called. I used to do a lot of chill out stuff back in the days, using what I had available at the time to produce it. And now when i have SparkLE here, I'll try to make it sound even better.

I am on my doorstep now, but when I get back I'll reply with that question and post a link to this specific tune I'm so interested in... I mean in that type of sound. Maybe you can point me as to where to look for sounds/loops to create similar sound.

Regards

Seiishu

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 10:27:27 pm »
And as I promised... here is the link for the sound (type of music) I am so interested in. This amazing artist from Japan, called Denkitribe is using just 4 samples (that's what Korg KP3 allows you to have assigned to these 4 pads at once). Simply changing built in filters/effects, and he's turning these 4 samples into beautiful arrangement. I used to own KP3+ (40 more effects added on the top of hundreds of already available ones) and that thing is amazing, touch screen is so responsive, it's just incredible. Pure enjoyment to use. Denkitribe's KP3 live performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hdhCSSWn-s

Anyway, I was interested in finding out where to find these amazing soft sounds he's using (or something along these lines of course).

In the mean time, if you are interested I just posted some of my quite old songs to SoundCloud (link in my signature). Some of them are dating back from 1995 - 2002. I used Korg X3, Roland XP10, Kawai Q80 as my sequencer, and bunch of software like for example Propellerheads RB-338, some super old version of Reason etc. I'd appreciate if you could give your opinion. Of course no one has time to go through all the songs, but if you can, pay attention to the following ones (that's the sound I like the most): "Spiritual Absence", "Trip to Unreal", "Into Delta", "D'Maelstrom", "Asia Morning" and "Viscid Vibes". Have in mind, these are quite old songs, done using quite primitive tools (for this type of music).

Your valuable opinion is greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

Monsta

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 02:42:32 am »
Thanks for the kind words mate much appreciated, glad your enjoying the kits and my other works too.
I will send you a PM about your questions when i've had a listen and a think, playing your tunes now very impressed  :)

napishu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 01:29:05 pm »
How this install to Spark 2?

thank you

Seiishu

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 01:50:09 pm »

thank you

You have to press IMPORT button. See here:

napishu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 02:13:56 am »

thank you

You have to press IMPORT button. See here:

Thank you!  ;D

Loved your samples and sequences! Good work!

Seiishu

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 02:28:10 am »
You're welcome, but samples provided in this thread are not mine. They were made by another forum member, Monsta. Great work by him!

napishu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 03:00:51 am »
You're welcome, but samples provided in this thread are not mine. They were made by another forum member, Monsta. Great work by him!

oh... sure, respect to Monsta!!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines