March 28, 2024, 10:31:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Prophet 5 Sustained note on Mainstage 3  (Read 5420 times)

Gabpianiste

Prophet 5 Sustained note on Mainstage 3
« on: May 24, 2014, 09:29:50 pm »
Hi.

As I saw on other topics (2012...), there's still an issue about the sustained note on Prophet 5... I bough this product today and I'm very disappointed because this problem hasn't been solved since. Please fix this problem!

emmanuel.segard

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Prophet 5 Sustained note on Mainstage 3
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 06:29:25 pm »
Hi,

I entered a case about this problem. Here the answer :

"
Répondu(s) 13/05/2014 12:18
De:
Technical Support inquiry <technical-inquiry@arturia.com>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2014 12:18:08 +02:00
À:
Emmanuel Segard <emmanuel.segard@gmail.com>
Sujet:
Re: Case 165861
Hi Emmanuel,

This is now a referenced bug, Bug Ticket : 110823

The current workaround is to push the sustain pedal before the start of the Key.

I sent this problem to the appropriate developer, know that a newer version will come in some time to solve this issue.

You will be contacted at that time to download.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Feel free to come back to me if still any problem or misunderstanding.
Yours cordially,

David.
--
Technical Support inquiry
technical-inquiry@arturia.com
- afficher le texte cité -
"

codevyper

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 03:27:58 am »
Yep… I just got bit by the bug too. I changed out my USB MIDI controller and was going though my setups to make the necessary changes in MainStage 3 and I have big issues with the sustain pedal in Prophet V as well. My MIDI controller has reversed polarity so when I switched the polarity, the sustain at least didn't stay on all the time but I have the same maddening issue with it as others.

An alternate workaround to Arturia's is to create a Midi FX filter in Scripter that handles incoming note on and note off messages and looks to see if the pedal is depressed then sends the note offs to the Prophet 5. Thank god for scripter!

Jim

emmanuel.segard

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 08:11:40 pm »
Hé les gars d'Arturia, c'est bien d'innover et de proposer plein de nouveaux produits, vous trouvez cela sûrement plus intéressant que de corriger les vieux bugs de vos premiers produits !
Mais pensez-vous qu'après avoir acheter la V Collection et subit des bugs aussi gros que celui-ci (et il y en a d'autres tout aussi gênant), on va continuer à acheter vos dernières réalisations ?
Peut-être qu'aujourd'hui ça marche parceque vous êtes pas si vieux et que vous faites un matraquage publicitaire intense, mais dans les années qui viennent je pense que vous finirez par nous faire fuire !!!

Alors, s'il vous plaît, pour le bien de tous, corrigez nous ces pauvres bugs à 2 balles,
Merci,
Emmanuel

PS: I wrote we won't buy the new products if the old ones don't work...

miklovan

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 04:31:26 pm »
Same problem! FIX IT or money back!
Mac OS 10.9.4, Cubase 7.5.20 (64bit), Arturia Prophet V v.2.5.3 (35437P)

codevyper

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 06:56:58 am »
FWIW, I built a MidiFX plugin to work around the problem until it gets fixed. Below is my script you can feel free to copy and paste into your Midi Scripter and save in LogicX/Mainstage 3 until Arturia fixes the bug.

The workaround basically intercepts the sustain pedal sends and tracks which notes you're playing and does not transmit the noteOff messages until you release the pedal. Depending on the patch you're using you may need to tweak your release values to get the desired effect. The only value you really need to tweak is the topmost variable where you specify your sustain polarity value. It'll either be 0 or 127. 127 is normal polarity for a sustain pedal that is depressed. Hope this helps some of you.

Code: [Select]
/*
Copyright 2014 - James Ely

Sustain Fixer MidiFX - v 1.0

Feel free to use this script as a work around for your Arturia V-Synths that do not obey
proper sustain pedal inputs in Mainstage 3 until Arturia fixes their V-synths to work correctly.

This script is provided AS IS with no guarantee that it will work for your particular situation.
If you rig starts spewing stuck notes out in the middle of a set, I am not responsible!

I've noticed with this script that the "note stealing" the Prophet VS does can sometimes freak
out and you start hearing popping noises from the V-Synth's channel until you go into the UI of
the Prophet VS and reset the voice number for the patch. This script could be expanded to
only allow it to store the required number of notes for your polyphony settings in your Arturia
V-Synth but I didn't do so to prevent the script from being too complex, and because I didn't
need it in my particular case.

This script may not be repackaged or sold without my consent. It is free for your use in your
setup as you see fit. Hope this helps some of you out there.
*/

// Sustain polarity
// Specify the value that indicates your sustain pedal is on.
// (usually 127 for normal polarity or 0 for reverse polarity)
var sustainPolarity = 127;

// Nothing below this line should need to be edited unless you are modifying the script.
var activeNotes = [];
var sustainToggle = false;
var record, a;
var objNoteOff;

function HandleMIDI(event)
{
// When a note on is received store the value in the activeNotes array and send it
if (event instanceof NoteOn) {
// If the new note on already exists in the activeNotes array. Stop the old instance and add the new note
for (a in activeNotes) {
if (activeNotes[a].originalPitch == event.pitch) {
objNoteOff = new NoteOff();
objNoteOff.pitch = activeNotes[a].originalPitch;
objNoteOff.send();

// Remove the note event from the inactive notes array
activeNotes.splice(a,1);
}
}
// Store a copy of the new note pitch in activeNotes, register it as active and send it
record = {originalPitch:event.pitch, noteState:'a'};
event.send();
activeNotes.push(record);
}

// If the message is a NoteOff see if sustain is still pressed
else if (event instanceof NoteOff) {
// If sustain is not pressed, send the NoteOff message directly out and remove event from array
if (sustainToggle == false) {
event.send();
for (a in activeNotes) {
if (activeNotes[a].originalPitch == event.pitch) {
// Remove the note event from the inactive notes array
activeNotes.splice(a,1);
}
}
}
// If sustain is pressed, register the note as inactive
else {
for (a in activeNotes) {
if (activeNotes[a].originalPitch == event.pitch && activeNotes[a].noteState == 'a') {
activeNotes[a].noteState='i';
}
}
}
}

// If a control change for sustain is received set the sustainToggle accordingly
else if (event instanceof ControlChange && event.number == 64) {
if (event.value == sustainPolarity) {
sustainToggle = true;
}
else {
sustainToggle = false;

// Send NoteOff to all inactive notes when the sustain pedal is released
for (a=0; a<activeNotes.length; a++) {
if (activeNotes[a].noteState == 'i') {
objNoteOff = new NoteOff();
objNoteOff.pitch = activeNotes[a].originalPitch;
objNoteOff.send();
activeNotes.splice(a,1);
a = a-1;
}
}
}
}
else {
event.send();
}
}

emmanuel.segard

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 03:00:12 pm »
Thank you very much Codevyper. Unfortunatly, I'm on Logic Pro 9, and I can't find a way to execute your beautiful script  :-[
Did some lucky Logic Pro X owners manage to make it work ? Should I pay 180$ for Logic Pro X just because Arturia doesn't want to fix a such big bug ?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines