March 28, 2024, 11:49:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Changing MIDI channel with the hardware  (Read 29557 times)

MartinH76

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Changing MIDI channel with the hardware
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 08:42:26 pm »
That's sorted it!  Wonderful, thank you so much for that explanation!  I'd assumed that changing the MIDI channel in the hardware would reset all the pads/channels to the selected channel, regardless of what the MCC had them set to.  It makes sense having to set each individual pad to Global, now that I know that's what you need to do.  It's not made very clear though.  I'm also a bit surprised that it doesn't come pre-programmed like that, rather than having everything set to MIDI channel 1 out of the box.

Now for some fun!  Thanks again terrym!   ;D
He's a better mind reader than me.  ;)

lol  ;)

turbo_kev

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 09:26:34 am »
IM glad you understood.  I think im doing everything he said but still cant get it to change midi channel from the beatstep

Any chance of a idiot guide video

chees in advance
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 09:31:03 am »
Hi make sure after setting all pads to global that you save in a template ,name the template and then save it to a memory the sync beatstep .
try this and let me know if you have it.

terrym

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

turbo_kev

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 09:39:36 am »
Hi I think iv done everything he said  but I still cant get it to work

any chance of an idiot guide video
cheers in advance
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

MartinH76

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 10:01:19 am »
I'll see if I can put a short video together for you in the next few days turbo_kev, or at the very least a quick guide with screenshots.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 11:22:20 am »
Hi here is a beatstep global mapping for you to try just import it into beatstep in templates then save to memory .

regards

terrym

« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 12:29:01 pm by terrym »
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments

turbo_kev

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 02:42:12 pm »
Hi thanks for your help with the template  but I cant seem to find where you put the file for me to download

cheers

iceritchie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2014, 11:01:17 am »
I had some problems with enabling the MIDI channel selection from hardware. I followed this thread with interest and made a short video to show first look with OP-1 and also the settings for MIDI with MCC. The bit i missed and is not shown is that after syncing and before powering the hardware off, Store the preset using the hardware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv7PY1AQLcI&feature=share&list=UUnk4Kc9cPl7gcWqVTkjPttw

The process i followed was:-

1. Open MCC App and Sync with the Beatstep

In GLOBAL PARAMETERS (right of app display)
2. Set PERFORMANCE DATA - Sequencer Channel to GLOBAL
3. Set Global Channel to 1

For each pad and controller
4. Set all Channel to Global

5. Save as.. to save the Template to my own named item
6. STORE the Template to "Working Memory'

7 Sync

On the Hardware
8. Check than the channels can be changed using [CHAN] + [Pad x]
9. Store using [STORE] + [PAD1]

Hardware can be powered off and on and then to use the hardware with adjustable MIDI chan from the beatstep press [RECALL]+[PAD1]

I would have thought working memory would have restored the MIDI chan change function without recalling a preset but it seems not.

Hope this helps
Neil

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2014, 12:29:49 pm »
Hi thanks for your help with the template  but I cant seem to find where you put the file for me to download

cheers

sorry about that the server would not let me upload ,its there now.

regards

terrym
TerryM

turbo_kev

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2014, 08:07:42 pm »
HI ya     Many thanks for the template.. sorry to be a pain in the arse

It now seems  I can change the midi channel when I am in control mode
IE: if I load up a stand alone version of mini v  while in control mode
and tap the pads it plays the notes, then I hold down CHAN button and tap pad 8
I no longer here notes until I change the mini v to receive on channel 8
so that bit works ok

but while in step[ seq mode  I still cant change the midi channel, the mini v will only play notes
if I select all channels, as soon as I change it to any other channel by doing the same thing as before CHAN button and then pad. the step seq no longer plays notes, until I put the mini v back to all channels.

I hope this makes sense  because I don't want to piss you of by being a pratt and getting on your nerves..  but like they say . If you don't ask you don't learn

cheers for your time
Kevin

NaturligaSteg

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2014, 09:58:12 am »
Thank you for explaining how to do this. I bought mine and assumed it was broken since the manual clearly states. Go into sequencer mode, press CHAN and any number to switch to a different channel. Did not work one bit until I saw this. Arturia really should change this so the software is the same as it shows in the manual. It is also a bit wacky that if I connect it to a DAW with usb it outputs to all channels and not to chan 1. Speaking of it I wonder why it just does not have one sequencer for each channel all the time so you could hae it play different sequences simultaneously on different channel. AFter all this is 2014 so I doubt it could be lack of computing Power.

neomad

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2014, 01:51:56 pm »
Hi folks,
I've tried the proposed solutions but none of them works. I have seen OP1+Beatstep video but in this case, I do not want to alter PAD settings but BEATSTEP GLOBAL settings.

Basically, my beatstep is connected to my hard synth. In my hard synth, I am on 'song mode'. It means, midi Channels 1 to 8 with 8 different instruments. I want to record channel 1 with beatstep, after channel 2, after channel 3. However, the midi channel change shall come from beatstep and not from DAW.

In CNTRL mode, is beatstep able to send different midi channels just using the 'chan' button ?
Channel 1: drums
Channel 2: bass
Channel 3: e. piano

Well, just switching channels within beatstep should allow unit to trasmit all CNTRL msgs only to THAT channel. Is this wrong? How to do it?
Thanks in advance
Regards

an3

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2015, 12:42:38 pm »
i cannot find the setting global in mCC, can someone post a pic ?! pelase

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines