April 16, 2024, 09:11:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Who's working with the Keylab in the latest version of Garageband (10.0.2)?  (Read 3536 times)

Amalgamoth

Hello everybody.
Ever since I updated my version of Garageband (to version 10.0.2) as well as updating to OSX 10.9.2 on my Macbook I am no longer able to load the Arturia plugin in Garageband. Previously it worked just fine. The cause can be either related to Garageband, or the OSX update, no idea.
The Keylab software does run on its own, but not within another application. Can anybody give me some tips about to resolve this matter?

scbrown333

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I'm having the same issue.  Keylab works fine on it's own in both Analog Lab and Garageband separately, but I can't use Analog Lab as an Audio Unit plug in in Garageband.

scbrown333

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Okay, I contacted Technical Support about this and here's what I got back.

"Our products are not compatible with the latest versions of Garageband.
We apologize for the inconvenience."

and then this...

"It has to do with how they programmed the newer version. We are working on it but it's not a main priority and there is no time frame set for it."

Do with that what you will...  Seems crazy short sighted to me, but I can't change their "priorities".

Amalgamoth

Well, then there's no other option than to keep on using the 2011 version of Garageband (6), in which it is possible to activate an Arturia Keylab plug-in. The only use for Garageband 10 in combination with the Keylab is to have the latter function as a hardware controller for the sound library of this application. The number of available classic analogue synth sounds is pretty laughable though.
One has to want to make use of other instruments that the Keylab doesn't have.
If you're playing in a session in GB 10 and still want to add Keylab sounds, then create an apple soundfile of the session and import it into GB 6.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 10:00:57 pm by Amalgamoth »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines