December 22, 2014, 04:04:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark 2 Betatest !  (Read 6380 times)

ben arturia

• Administrator
Spark 2 Betatest !
« on: April 11, 2014, 03:49:16 pm »
Hi all,

We are glad to introduce you Spark 2 !

All Spark team has been working hard on this one !
The new modular panel is the main new feature ! Hope you will like it !

RC 1 is online !

Installer is here.

In order to report any bug please read carefully the known issues pdf before reporting.
Unfortunately kown issues list is not exhaustive.  :-\ But don't worry we are hunting bugs !
If you have a crash try to follow steps describe here .

To report any bug simply write to sparkbetatest_at_arturia_dot_com

We won't answer to all the email sorry ! We will try to make clear answers on this forum thread directly to avoid duplicate !  ;D

Enjoy !

« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 08:50:56 am by ben arturia »
.......testing.......

timrfrench61@yahoo.com

• Apprentice
  • Tим я FRENCH
Re: Spark 2 Betatest !
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 03:55:52 pm »
One programmer to another: Gratz on getting the Beta done by Friday :-)

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 06:06:33 pm »
Fantastic Job! Looks great and it is a massive improvement :)

A couple of things I have noticed so far:
  • Using the Big Spark GUI - The X/Y Pad doesn't have full range of the display area, instead it uses a much smaller rectangle and doesn't actually work when clicked on with the mouse. This is only in filter mode, it is correct with the other 2 modes.
  • Also Big Controller GUI - The text colour in the display is very hard to read
  • I've had 1 access violation which occurred switching Record mode off via the GUI (Big Version) using the 909 Preset. I've tried to recreate it without success

One other question, in the modules section why are some controls greyed out on existing models?

thanks for getting it out for the weekend, I've really been looking forward to this :)

terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 06:33:21 pm »
Hi ,please read the known issues as the cdm gui bugs are known so no need to report them,as to the modual section being greyed out, some controls are in the macro section below  for control .you can change what ones you want to control in that section ,so ones used are greyed or coloured out.

regards

terrym
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 07:55:26 pm by terrym »
Terry
aka Logicaldream
Arturia Tester for spark,analog lab,kl88,matrix12,semv,beatstep,minibrute se,
Also steinberg tester

kcearl

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 07:43:55 pm »

First impressions are excellent

I never realised how much the old sequencer page sucked...some really nice work in this

Seiishu

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 08:41:32 pm »
Not Spark software related, but I'd recommend Arturia team to ZIP this EXE file. Many browsers, including Chrome, are complaining that EXE files are not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous, and truth be told, downloading exe file is a security risk.

We all know Arturia files are safe and all that, but my suggestion is just to avoid possible confusion. Some people won't understand this message. Besides it's very easy to click on that Discard button (see image I attached below). Some may think "discard" this message, but it's actually discarding downloaded exe file. So, in a snap 720 Mb download goes down the drain. You end up re-downloading it. It doesn't give any instructions, but one actually have to press on that super tiny arrow to chose "KEEP". That's the only way to save downloaded exe file, otherwise it will be deleted.

Also, even though it's not always the case, ZIP or RAR compression can sometimes significantly reduce the file size. Downloading and saving on internet bandwidth is always welcome.

kcearl

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 10:47:57 pm »
Dont want to report this as a bug in case its my controller thats broken....but I cant browse or open anything with the arturia knob. It moves the GUI knob but wont bring up anything...

Is it just me??

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 10:50:18 pm »
I can confirm, I have a feeling it isn't implemented yet.

kcearl

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 10:55:54 pm »
Phew, its been getting banged about in a suitcase I thought id trashed it :)

Back to the beta then...

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 12:38:09 am »
I thought I had replied to you earlier on but it isn't visible... Anyway thanks for the info, makes perfect sense :)

Hi ,please read the known issues as the cdm gui bugs are known so no need to report them,as to the modual section being greyed out, some controls are in the macro section below  for control .you can change what ones you want to control in that section ,so ones used are greyed or coloured out.

regards

terrym

Patrick Dee

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 11:12:58 am »
One word to discribe.....its an massive step forward...and great user interface...still testing it.... ;D
Spark 2 wiht Spark HW, Arturia V Collection 3, Asus P5 Q Pro Deluxe, Quadcore 4X 2,83 GHZ, Windows 7 64, bit , 4 GB Ram, 2 * 500gb Western Digital, Cubase 7.5 32 and 64bit, Ableton 9, NI Maschine MK 1, Akai MPC Renaissance, Maschine Mikro, Fireface RME 800, TC Electronic Powervcore Firewir, UAD 1ex

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 12:12:47 pm »
Is anyone here using installation VST folders different from the ones suggested by default?

CC4

• Beta-testers
    • http://home.cogeco.ca/~cc4/
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 06:56:56 pm »
A lot of the problems I've reported since January are still there.  Not sure if they're worth repeating.

CC4

• Beta-testers
    • http://home.cogeco.ca/~cc4/
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 07:00:50 pm »
Is anyone here using installation VST folders different from the ones suggested by default?

Koshdukai,

I guess so.  I am using:

C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugins\Instruments\Arturia Spark\
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2\Instruments\Arturia Spark\

Patrick Dee

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 07:06:16 pm »
A lot of the problems I've reported since January are still there.  Not sure if they're worth repeating.

I think its worth, because we would like to have a solid program on its official release date. I have have noticed some things that should be fixed and that is the reason why I report the bugs.   
Spark 2 wiht Spark HW, Arturia V Collection 3, Asus P5 Q Pro Deluxe, Quadcore 4X 2,83 GHZ, Windows 7 64, bit , 4 GB Ram, 2 * 500gb Western Digital, Cubase 7.5 32 and 64bit, Ableton 9, NI Maschine MK 1, Akai MPC Renaissance, Maschine Mikro, Fireface RME 800, TC Electronic Powervcore Firewir, UAD 1ex

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines